Sunday, February 15, 2004

I was complaining because I had to wait to celebrate V-day. I had gone on and on about how rude this was. How it only comes once a year and he should have prepared. Then I realized that...some people had no one to share the day with. No one called, no one will.

I would like to call attention to the fact that our young brothers and sisters are becoming infected with A.I.D.S. at an alarming rate. Being that I am now raising a boy; and seeing how easily girls are wooed by him, I must say that I am so scared; Not only for this little boy, but all of them. I remember the talks with my parents. I remember looking just like he does when we have our talks, and swearing on all that I held dear that I would never. Then having sex. But my biggest worry was becoming pregnant. I didn't want to disappoint my parents and become and unwed mother. So I took the proper precautions. Is preaching wrap it up enough? Is preaching abstinence realistic? I'm watching a television commercial and seeing how much fun it is to have herpes. What a little moonlight and Valtrex can do....What's going on?

No comments: