Friday, March 14, 2008

Beat It


I've blogged about my girlfriend who has a stepdaughter. I told you how I rarely visit because this little girl is too grown and I just can't take it. My gurl is soft hearted though. She would rather talk. OK... to each their own.

This young lady however is the type to take kindness for weakness and she has NO respect for my friend or her home whatsoever. It seems no matter what she does for this child she doesn't appreciate it. After numerous suggestions to " tear that ass up" my friend chose not to go that route. I had to respect that and her level of patience. Her theory was, this is not my child. My thinking is what exactly makes a child yours? I feel like if you are feeding, clothing, nurturing, comforting, caring for her in your home;Raising a child, this is your child. If you are doing more for this child in three years than the mother has ever done in 12, this is your child. And I feel like if you can do all this then, you can chastise this child too.Up to and including the beatdown.

I said repeatedly if you do not let her know who is in control of your home,she is going to try you.

Well she called. This 12 year old tried her. Slapped her in the face.THE FACE. And kicked her. KICKED HER. Why? Because my friend was yelling at her for not doing the dishes. Let me back up a minute here.

My friend has asked this girl to wash the dishes. That is her chore. The ONLY one she has. Of course and keep her room clean but, that is a given. I, no lie, have listened to my friend rant about this girl not doing the dishes for A full year. I swear. On this day she asked her and she didn't move. So my friend asked her. Where you never told when an adult asks you to do something you do it then, not when you feel like it? Of course her smartass said no. She then went on to backtalk and tell my friend what she isn't doing. Well that finally set my gurl off.

All I wanted to know was, did you get it on video? Please tell me you had the cam on.


She went on to tell me that she actually had to tussle with this child and the girl kicked and slapped her.


I'm telling you guys, I couldn't breathe for a moment. When I did respond though I said. " What hospital is she in?"

Now, although I am happy that my gurl finally got some backbone and beat her behind it was at the wrong time. It came from anger and frustration. Although I believe in the beatdown, there is a time for it. I also expressed that she does not want to have to battle in her home, I'm mean to where it becomes physical with a child. The stress and possible jail time involved is truly not worth it. It is possible that it has gone on for so long now that she may really hurt this child. I mean this girl is 12 . What happens at 13 and beyond? My thoughts were she has to go, being that she expressed to my friend that she wasn't her mother. I couldn't pack her shit quick enough.

Not my friend though, I called her today, just to make sure she was okay and see if she needed anything. She explained to me that the child's father "talked" to the girl and explained to her that...get this...."THE NEXT TIME IT HAPPENS, I'm gonna beat your behind too."

I'm just done.

8 comments:

YouToldHarpoTaBeatMe said...

You mean CPS hasn't picked her up for beating this child an inch within her life???? My bad...that would've been me. Naaaah, that's an issue this child has with your friend for "replacing" her mother. At least that's how most kids feel when their parents move on with someone else.

That child can't ever say your friend was heinous toward her. Girl look. Had that been me, the moment that "child" rolled her neck, I woulda snapped that bytch.

WOOOOOOOOSAAAAAH!

*deeeep cleansing breath*

Okay, I think I can comment with an ounce of tact now.

Okay wait.

Alright.

I'm not a negotiator. I don't request anything in my house. Now I don't go full circle the phuck off, but now that my children older, and when chores aren't done, something "essential to their ev.ery.day.lives"... disappears. Cellphone, IPOD, privileges to my PC, mall time, skating rink, whatever. There's a thin line when it comes to extended family, but me? Shoooot. It ain't beneath me to slap a child, even if she ain't mine. This makes me feel blessed that I don't have that problem.

I'mma throw a prayer up for your friend tho. Because one day, that child is gonna push the wrong button...

lyre said...

wow,
this little girl has some serious issues. the problem your friend has is with the hellions' daddy. Where in the phuck is he while all this mess is going on?

Wendy said...

Tiki- First of all, you crazy. LMAO..Secondly, we are one. I am not a negotiator either and lord knows I am not going to repeat myself, unless you are mentally challenged. I KNOWif this were me I would be awaiting an arraignnment. Please continue the prayers for my gurl!

Lyre - As far as I am concerned the father is no help. Three years ago when the child first started sucking her teeth, slamming doors and talking back, he talked to her. So it's more of the same.

TJ said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
TJ said...

I'm gonna pray for your friend. Her issues run DEEP. And I woulda been in jail for assaulting her AND her father. LOLOL.

All-Mi-T [Thought Crime] Rawdawgbuffalo said...

why folks scared to parent nowadays?

Believer said...

It seems this CHILD has no clue what following orders are. She better ask somebody!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.