Thursday, December 29, 2011

So This Is Christmas

We made it through another year. There was a time when I thought we would never make it. The first year I didn't feel like celebrating anything, but we did because that's the way my mother raised us.We honor her, everyday by continuing to live our lives. By pushing ourselves to go on even when we think we can't. The pain of losing her still and probably always will hurt, but we are few but resilient people. We are from very strong stock. Even my father was able to smile this year, be genuinely happy, and he needs that more than any of us. So we made it, we laughed, we cooked, we danced, joked, remembered, we celebrated. The blessing of knowing we had a great lady in our lives but also that she left a great group of us behind. I may be a little biased, but I am so happy that I belong to this family. I hope each of you have the chance to feel the joy I feel with your families. Not only at Christmas...everyday. Be Blessed!

1 comment:

Black Yang said...

Sis, it is truly a blessing to have family with the love you speak about. Some of us are not as blessed as you are, but I should be happy for at least some of my family, but God is still God and I am still living. Please continue to share, express your thoughts of family, and all other subjects you want to share.