Monday, July 09, 2007

Finally Made Me Happy

Charm School-

I know it was a reality show. The entire point of the show was to give these young ladies who really " showed their asses" on Flavor of Love a chance to redeem themselves. The thing I couldn't understand from the beginning was why the girls who seemed to halfway get it were cast off quicker than bras at a 'Girls gone wild' audition. Then I had to think..ratings...let the drama filled young ladies stay. Yesterday was the reunion show, and I really can't say this was a script. But I know this young lady named Larissa reminds me of the young women I come across everyday. This child was just angry at the world, conniving, vindictive,and hateful. She had no respect for anyone there, she has no respect for herself.

Sadly, Monique's final statement will be true. Someday she is going to run up on someone who thinks that the world is against them too, and they are not going to back down.

Last night during the reunion show she cursed at Mo. Well, Mo rose up on her. ( Later she would say it was her motherly instinct)But we know what it was. After she tried to help this chick, how dare she? My mothers instinct had I had the nerve to speak to her that way would have been to knock my ass out. However, I applaud Mo for not going that route. For rising above that situation on national T.V., even if it was warranted.The young womans's mother came to her rescue, but it may have been a little late for that. She should have gotten to this child maybe around 6 months. Got her in line then and perhaps she wouldn't be the way she is now. Perhaps if someone had loved on this child she wouldn't think the world was against her now, or owes her something.
So no, Mo didn't lay the sister flat. Like she wanted too. She said..." yeah we could have thrown the hands, then I would have stood you up and hugged you. I don't want to go there because I love you sister" No doubt more than this sister loves herself.

7 comments:

Luke Cage said...

Dayum! That's the way my girl Mo' rolls. I love that sista... Hiya miss Wendy!

Anonymous said...

It's a little embarrassing, how much I love the reality shows on Vh1. I'm glad to see I'm not the only one.

At some point, Larissa needs to take responsibility for learning what she didn't get from her mother. We all do; moms can't teach a child every single thing.

YouToldHarpoTaBeatMe said...

In the words of Saaphyri, "Go dooooown b***h GO DOOOWWWWWWN!!!"

I was SO waiting for Mo to flatten that child, but she was a lil' too graceful to give in. I know Raggedy Ann (Momma) should've just sat down. That's one of them momma's that need to prepare for some window love at the local correctional facility. For as long as she's defending and excusing her daughter's behavior, that girl will never make it. I don't even know why she came on the show.

The moment Larissa started dissing Mo in her sessions, I knew she was done. The A #1 unspoken rule in there was to NOT speak ill of the Mistress of the House. I don't even think NY would've went that far. There's just some things you don't doooooo! She WILL meet her match someday, and they won't be talking smack. They'll be the ones doing the smacking...and stomping, and biting.

Wendy said...

Luke- You know you gotta luv her. She held her ground. I'm not mad at her.
Angie- LOl I'm on Making the Band 4 now. I need a hobby1
Tiki- LMAO she did look like Raggedy Ann. I figure Larissa had to fight alot of kids with mom looking like that.

Blu Jewel said...

hey lady...sorry i haven't been through lately, a lot going on, but i haven't forgotten you.

i've never watched that show as i'm not into "Reality TV", but from what i've heard of it, that child was off the hook.

as i've said in a few of my own posts, we're not raising our children the way they need to be nor are we instilling some good values in them either and then wonder why they act as they do.

Wrk N Progress said...

I am a "reality TV" lover but for some reason I didn't get Flava Of Love and just didn't watch it.

But Ohhhh that girl is gonna get hers.

Believer said...

I haven't a clue what everyone else apparently knows!