Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Just Running Across My Mind

I had a conversation with a friend a few days ago about the love of a mother and child and a sibling. I could not fathom a comparison. But, their arguement was because I was raised to put no one above my mother I wouldn't be able to. I understood that you have love for a sibling completely. I love both my brother and sister. I WILL do anything I can for them and only want the best for them. I pray for good and hapiness for them. However, if there was ever a choice I would have to unfortunately make to choose between them and my mother. MOM would win, hands down,EVERY TIME.No thought process needed. I said "You only have one mother." Their argument was they only had one sibling. I guess this is not for me to understand, because no matter what my sIbling does for me it could never replace what my MOTHER had done for me. This is the woman who gave me life. The woman who fed, clothed and raised me. This is the woman who sacrificed for me, who loved me unconditionally. To tell the truth the statement kind of bothered me and not just because I lost my mom.I understand that everyone isn't as close to ther parents as I am to mine. I understand that. But just the thought of putting anyone on the level of my mother( HELL NAW). So I stated that you are not the norm , because most people say I love my mom/child more than anything on this earth. Most people... I guess I just have to accept that everyone doesn't feel that way and I thank God for the relationship and love that I had/have for mine.

1 comment:

Black Yang said...

I have to agree with you, I Love my mother more than any human on this earth. My mother played both roles in my life. My father was in the home but my mother took me to do things for me that Dad was working so mom sure she our needs were met. Also I found that may the person you had the discussion with don't have a connection with their mother they have with their sibling. My love is not based on what my mom can, or have done for me.....Food for thought.