Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Collards and Cornbread

I want something good to eat. I would like to sit down at a dinner table with family and friends and just have a decent meal. The only problem with that is I can't because I have been working everyday. Don't get me wrong. I am happy to have a job. Thankful to God and more than gratefu
l to not have to file unemployment.( Lord knows who came up with those figures). Anyway, I am getting very tired. Just exhausted and I am more than willing to help out but, damn. I have no time for anything. And everyone says " Well the money is great. " I retort " I can't spend it if I'm dead." Money isn't everything. Quality of life is so much more important to me. Since losing my mom, even more so. I want to be able to live each day, happily like it's my last. I'm not asking for wine and song and parties. Just a chance to relax and do what I want to do. Time to see my dad. Chat with my family and friends. Spend quality time with them. I joined the Eastern Star organization so I could really do some work in the community. How can I if I can't attend half of the functions? GOD GRANT ME SERENTIY... PATIENCE... I know and this too shall pass. Right now I am willing to settle for a good meal. Collards and Cornbread...yeah!!!!

3 comments:

Keith said...

Thanks for stopping by one of my blogs...Don't be a stranger!

Wendy said...

Thank you for stopping by Keith. Your welcome here anytime.

Blu Jewel said...

Hi Wendy! It's been sooooo long since I've read your blog. Happy to know you're still around.

I've got a new blog now http://themultifacetsofblujewel.wordpress.com

I hope you can stop by for a visit.

If you've earned leave time from work, take a day off and use that time solely for YOU. You've earned the time and what better way to use it, but for and about yourself. You won't get the hours back that you've overworked/overextended yourself, but you can at least get some time to rest/relax.

Be well.