Tuesday, June 10, 2003

[ Tue Jun 10, 09:03:00 PM | Wendy S | edit ]
Okay...I'm singing the Welcome Back Kotter theme to myself. So what if some of you don't remember the words! What a week! I went back to NY to finalize my grandmother's affairs. It's strange talking to her and seeing her this way.I might as well be a stranger. She still has the fire though. The very spirit I always admired in her. I keep thinking I will go over my parents house and everything will be as it was and she will say" Wendy come here, remember when".... But it's not going to happen. I guess I will have to accept that... In time. Going back to the Bronx was a trip. I haven't been to the old hood in many moons. It's funny everything in that world looked so big to me as a child. Now it's- I wish I could explain it ( I should be able to being I call myself a writer)...but the old saying as much as things change they remain the same is true.

No comments: