Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Let Your Hair Down


Hair Trauma
- Before you guys start clowning me. YES I do have hair! Long thick uncooporative hair. So I like to wear wigs and weaves. They are more manageable for me. I don't have to fight, plead and wrestle with them. Most times...

You get what you pay for. You would think as long as I have been sitting in the weave chair that I would know better. But honey, Sista Lee had a sale on the hair and I lost my mind gathering packs. I used my new cheap hair for my doo for Thanksgiving. After seeing Queen Latifah's hair on the American Music Awards, I had to have that style. Intially, my hair was the bomb! I couldn't quite get it like Queens but it was cute.

Friday - Took a shower, water hit my head. No biggie. I will just flatiron and go!

Uh oh, Houston we had a problem . Now, although Sista Lees hair said 100% human. I don't know which human it came from, because I sat there for 30 minutes with the bumpers and could not get this hair to bend or flip. So I decide to wrap it and sit under the dryer.

Saturday- Wrap didn't work, and the weekend is coming to an end and I'm looking at myself in the mirror saying what are you going to do with this hot mess?So I decide to roller set it. Lawd, why was the hair melting, sticking what the hell ever to my rollers? WTF!!! That is not supposed to happen with human hair!!!!

Saturday night- Pulled weave out head, because the disaster that was once a hairdo has gone to far to save. So now I am sporting hair that sort of looks like this...
as a matter of fact it looks exactly like this. Being I'm not going to any casting calls for the live version of the Boondocks I'm pissed and wondering what I am going to do with not only my hair( which looks like its ready for a fight) but all this hair I bought. Because you know they never take it back, no matter what the reason is. No matter if you have a receipt. The answer is always no!

Sunday- Bushy Ponytail. (Hell, I got some of it to lay down and behave. I can't push it.)

Monday-I'm still pretty hot about my bargain hair. I visit Sista Lee and let her know about my hair don't experience. I explain to her that this hair cannot possibly be human. Perhaps,its marked incorrectly. To my surprise, Lee takes the hair back. (I guess looking at my head was enough to soften her heart). Or the fact that I have put at least one of her children through college . I don't know, but I leave happy. With new hair, yay!

Tuesday- New doo, and lesson learned... again.

8 comments:

Eb the Celeb said...

That's crazy that they let you return the hair. The chinese or africans in harlem would have looked at me all kind of crazy

Wendy said...

LOl...Me too. Sista Lee is ruthless!!

Blu Jewel said...

Girl, you got soooo lucky! I've had instances where I bought hair thinking I didn't have enough and wanted to take the UNOPENED packs back and they wouldnt; so yeah, Sister Lee was very kind.

I hope you resolve your hair issues.

Sorry, but I couldn't help laughing at your Huey Freeman ref.

Believer said...

So glad she showed mercy and took it back. Did you get another weave too? I have worn wigs since 2005, but never human hair always synthetic. They wash and dry good, but only last months. Perhaps a weave is in my future!

Believer said...

Please stop by specifically on the "Comment Contest." You won! If your email is blocked you can find my email on GWJ. Congratulations!

Jenell : BlakIzBeautyful said...

LMAO!!!

Sister Wendy this post is hilarious!!!! (Notice I said post and not situation)

I'm soo sorry that you had to go through all of this, but this was just too damn funny!

I'm glad you got to return the hair.

(I too love wigs and weaves and everyone cant understand why I wear them)

Muah!

JenellyBean

Anonymous said...

It's sad, but you can't help but laugh too! they probably had so many complaints(read "threats") regarding that hair,that's why they took it back! What other reason could there be? glad it all worked out in the end...congrats on your win! :)

YouToldHarpoTaBeatMe said...

*snicker*

okay, i'm not gonna "lol" @ you because i may as well open up a hair emporium of my own. packs and packs of bargain hair that i just said screw it to, thinking i wouldn't get a refund.

most definitely, human hair isn't suppose to act like what you just described. bad enough we just discovered that rocawear was using DOG hair instead faux fur. eww.

by the way .....HEEEEEEY GIRRRRL! i can't see any of your posts when i'm at work. psssh!! gub'ment! *rolling eyes*