Thursday, January 04, 2007

Listen

Do you know who this is? I tried to find a picture of her when she wasn't all dolled up so you could see this is a truly beautiful woman. Now, I'm not a Beyonce fool. But I like to give credit where due. This young woman is persuing her dreams. She DOES have a very good voice, she is a fashion designer and actress . Even if her performance was not the best in Dreamgirls. I have seen much worst. I am surrounded by people who hate this woman. I mean like they know her personally! Like she boiled their cat. Why? "Well she left Kelly and Michelle"/" She is the reason the other two left Destinys Child"./" She released her CD a day before LaToya, that is just wrong". One had the nerve to say " She needs to wear her hair down because she has big ears". As if anyone would really care if she had Dumbo ears. Excuse me, but when she got into show business I don't think she was wanting to be mediocre. She got into the business to shine. To be on top. Did she really have to leave Destinys Child? No. It was always the Beyonce show. As with girl groups as far as we can remember there has always been one person that was more attractive, talented,or driven. It so happens that she was the one. I'm happy for her, this sista is doing her thing. And doing it well. We don't need no hateration in the dancery. Be excited about a young black woman rising to the top.

Another thing I wish people would stop doing is comparing her to Jennifer Hudson. These woman have two completely, unique singing styles and voices. Both amazing in their own right. Neither taking anything from the other. Just two very talented young women, who are living amazing lives and entertaining us along the way.Do your thing Divas. Can we Please leave it at that?

9 comments:

Jenell : BlakIzBeautyful said...

I'm a BEYONCE fanatic!!
I think she is absolutely fabulous, beautyful, and very classy. I didn't see DreamGirls, but I heard it sucked. I'm disappointed at that, but things happen. It in no way changes the way I feel about Beyonce. I see her as an icon for young Black women today, because of her success. She gives todays youths hope.

Wendy said...

J I loved Dreamgirls!!! I didn't mean to come across like I did not. I was just responding to people who were critical of Bey's performance. It did not suck to me at all. Of course I have wanted to see Dreamgirls for 20+ years. I KNOW all the words to the songs from the original play and I'm quickly learning the new ones. To me it was an enjoyable two hours. What are you doing up? Studying I hope.

TrinaBeingTrina said...

I am not a beyonce fan but I don't hate her. I actually love her music and I have her CD's. But I don't have to see her in concert or keep up with her love life like most people do. I don't have to watch her on TV or anything like that. I just want to hear her sing.
I also agree that she is just doing what she has to do to be where she wants to be. Just like they say it's lonely at the top.

I also don't think she is all that beautiful. People hate when I say that but she is a product. To me Kelley is the prettiest one out of the crew.

As far as jennifer Hudson, she is going to be the shyte!

ps. "Like she boiled the cat" that was hilarious!

Anonymous said...

I'm with you on this. Don't hate that chile because she has drive and ambition. No one is stopping Kelly or Michelle from doing their thing too ... and eventually they will. No one can deny that girl's talent.

@ Jenell - Dreamgirls did NOT suck! I saw it twice and it was fabulous. You should go and judge for yourself.

Jenell : BlakIzBeautyful said...

You LOVED it??

What was my God-Sister talking about then?!?!?!?

Yes, I was up studying, trying to gain as much knowledge so I can pass my exam and get my License.


Sister Chele...
I agree, I will definately go judge it for myself.

Brotha Buck said...

I have yet to see the movie. I think I'll schedule a date this week.

Wendy said...

Chele- You know I enjoyed this movie.

Jenelly- Maybe your God sister is not a fan of musicals. Chele is right go see it and judge for yourself.

Tina- I guess it is lonely at the top. Your are right Jennifer is on her way. Thanks for stopping by I love to see new readers!

Buck- I really enjoyed this movie. Let me know what you think.

Luke Cage said...

This is an incredibly sensitive subject and I have NO idea why. I will say miss Wendy, the hateration is coming from Beyonce's sistas too, and when I say 'sistas' I mean as in fellow black women. At first I was like, oh well, it's just talk. But it seems to increase the more things she accomplishes.

She makes a movie the hate piles up, she comes out with an album, the hate piles up some more. She does a commercial or something, more hate. I thought she may have said something like, "I'm the best in the world and No one can touch me."

Heck, even Kanye West has a massive chip on his shoulder and I don't see the brotha getting half the hate that B gets. Now, I'm not a Beyonce fan which means I own no albums, I don't back her up just to do it, but wrong is wrong. I don't understand the animosity against this young woman just making things happen. Go figure luv...

Wendy said...

Unfortunately Frank you're right. I hear more women of color tearing her down than anything. A bunch of petty mess I will never understand.