Saturday, March 24, 2007

Me Time

I'm on the hunt for a laptop. My puter has been on crazy( do what I wanna do) mode and it's making me crazy. I have read so many different articles about processors, ram,cd/dvd+ rw and drive space, I feel I can teach a class. All I want to do is get on the Internet, blog, write and be able to play my Sims, without the screen flashing red. I either want too much or not enough. Since my puter became completely possessed I feel lost. It's a damn shame. I didn't have a computer growing up, I didn't need to read blogs, or write my stories in WORD and create disk for them and I got along just fine. Hell, up until eight years ago I didn't even own a computer. Now without one, it's like losing my right hand. I'm on a borrowed laptop now and it's giving me my fix but I want MY own. Tomorrow I will take all of the knowledge I have acquired this past week and try to put it to good use.
I've been working on my me time, for some reason I can't get it together. I'm just tired. I've been burning both ends since I got this promotion and my body is just telling me to slow down fool! Eventually I will, one way or the other. I started the wieght watchers point system and I am eating a hell of a lot more now. Counting everything is working my nerves right now though. I also promised myself I would go to the doctor but I have one of those hard heads that will not go until something is falling or about to fall off. It's a bad habit that I need to break.
I'll get it together.

They sent another great singer home and left that Sanjay guy on Idol. Arrgh,America please wake up! This child cannot carry a tune, to save his life. He should have been at home watching like me. I'm wondering how the hell he made it through auditions. If they get rid of Lakeisha, that's it for me.

I don't know if you are familiar with this story Shaquandathis is another sad, absolutely ridiculous case of JustUs Please leave this young lady a few words of encouragement.

Well, I gotta return this thing..wish me luck in my search...Stay Blessed

4 comments:

Luke Cage said...

So miss Wendy.. you've become something of a computer junkee huh? (smile) Hey, I think we've all been there or are CURRENTLY going through that.

Nothing's better than owning your own luv. I hate to share anything computer related. That's why I built a unit for my wife and the guest room has their own unit for folks who come visit so they don't get on mine! And I have both a desktop and a laptop.

But hey, how much are you looking to spend for your laptop. Dell and some other places have units for less than $600 and for what you need it for, that may be more than enough... Go here..

http://shop.lenovo.com/SEUILibrary/controller/catalog.workflow:expandcategory?current-catalog-id=12F0696583E04D86B9B79B0FEC01C087¤t-category-id=83C6BB3C3335400EB7DF1011B7015A00

or at Dell:

http://www.dell.com/content/products/results.aspx/notebooks?~ck=anav&c=us&l=en&s=dhs&cs=19&a=9323~0~49300&navla=9323~0~49300

Anonymous said...

I don't know a thing about computers, other than pointing and clicking, so I can't help you there but I wish you luck.

Wendy said...

Thanks Frank, It looked like I would be spending nearly a grand after they added all the additional software, so I held off. I mean dayaaaaaam.LOL I will definitely check them out.


Hi Chele, I feel you there I thought I had some knowledge, this is serious!!!

Believer said...

Hey! Last year I updated my 1999 desktop and it cost over $1,000. I went to COMPUSA and charged it "like cash." I had 18 months to pay it off interest free. It's all mine now! Oh, and that was with software too, but it didn't include a screen.

That AI contestant has fans everywhere. The news speculates here in the US and in India. Some here are voting to make a point that AI is a fixed or a farce.

I visited Shaquanda's blog and I'll be praying for her.