Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Me and Mrs. Jones


How many times have I said I don't date married men. I never will ( knowingly) never have (knowingly).

Check this...

I dial a number it's not the correct number I say I'm sorry and hang up. Three hours laterI get a call. Asking did I call this number, I say no. Because frankly I had forgotten that I called the damn number. ( MY short term is shit). Mrs. Jones proceeds to tell me that I did call her phone because my name and number are on her caller ID. I say ok, I may have called mistakenly earlier. She proceeds to tell me how long her and Mr. Jones have been married. I'm not trying to hear all this crap. I tell her she has the wrong woman, and I'm sorry that I called and that she is having marital troubles. I hang up.

Do you know she called me again? Now I'm hot and Mrs. Jones is clearly in need of answers, counsel and meds. Strange thing is I didn't even ask for her husband.The person I asked for sounds nothing like Jamie. I explain this to her again,I also tell her that I don't have time for games or other peoples drama. She finally believed me and eventually apologized. She said " You know how it is." I felt so sorry for her when we ended the conversation because,I don't know how it is. I have been in love, mistreated, broken hearted. The whole deal. But I never blamed the other woman. I never checked my mans phone. Never resorted to confronting others.

Why are women so quick to confront the other woman, while the piece of man skates?
Why don't we put the fault where it should be? I don't understand this Shirley Brown(Woman to Woman) mentality. Did you ever really listen to the words coming out of her mouth on that song? If I had the gumption to call the other woman it would be to tell her to come get him. not trying to keep him. I know people stay in bad situations for whatever reasons. I can't knock what people decide is right for their lives. I am however thankful I have not had to compromise.

Tonight I am just praying this woman has better days ahead.

6 comments:

Believer said...

Girl, I didn't get past the first few sentences and the Smokie song blew me away. Thanks! I was so moved by the message I had to post and add the video. Thanks for the reminder that GOD IS ABLE.

Now let me read your post! :)

Believer said...

Hot topic!

Adultery is a serious issue. Married women need to have their husband's on short leashes these days because the women who are after them are skanks. They care nothing about the other woman (the wife) or the children.

Men think of sex all the time, but rarely act on it. I know about this madness firsthand in my close circle (from women on both sides). It's a shame.

Nevertheless, my faith says that God can restore and rebuild a marriage if the couple want it bad enough and can work through the process.

I'm glad you straightened her out, but it's apparent she needs intervention.

lyre said...

I totally agree. I have been confronted several times by women trying to get UM. My response is always, "You need to talk to him." I firmly believe that a woman can not get a man who does not want to be got. More than likely he is a miserable person that is to weak to work on his own problems and trying to avoid confrontation. I had a woman call me back and curse me out becasue I called the wrong number. Called me a B! I laughed and hung up. So sad.

Blu Jewel said...

That's a crying shame that the woman came at you like that, but I like how you handled yourself.

Back in the day, I had a situation where my man was stepping out and I busted him. When I initially rolled up at chicks house where he was, I was like, "where is she?" because I was going to give her a piece of my mind knowing she knew he was with ME. But then I caught myself and demanded that he come outside and man up. After I spoke I mind, I packed up his stuff and threw them over the balcony and told him that he was no longer a resident of the place we were living in.

I agree that no good can come from stepping to the lover of the offending party; you have to confront them. The only time I might condone stepping to the lover is if he/she comes at you like they have some rights or say in the matter.

This was a great post.

Love!

YouToldHarpoTaBeatMe said...

Yannoooo? That's something I'll never understand. Why do women go after the "other woman" or the suspected other woman. True story... almost 3 yrs ago, I had this woman roll up on me at a restaurant.

She kept saying "I'm MRS SEW-N-SEW!" like I didn't hear her the first 8-9 times she said it. My husband and I kept looking at her like "huh?". Then she goes into this spill "I understand that you don't want YOUR husband to know what you've been doing with MY husband"... telling me that she's known about me for about a year. Then I had to tell her that I had just checked into my unit about a month ago. I even offered to show her my orders.

You could've heard a rat piss on carpet.

Her husband was a Sailor waaay on the other side of the city ...closer to the NC/VA border even. Poor woman started crying. I told her out in the parking lot that I could understand her feelings and her need to NOT be the last to know or feeling as if he was pulling the wool over her eyes...but I wasn't the one she was looking for, nor should SHE be looking for the "other woman". That was something she needed to confront her husband about...or just plain leave if she knew in her gut that he was unfaithful.

Wendy said...

Rose, Lyre, Tiki and Blu. I guess we all have gone through this. It is a very sad state opf affairs. We have got to do better.