Wednesday, January 03, 2007

I Feel Good!


What's going on people? Today is a very good day. I've been offered a new position!
Decision 07. Do I take the job or not? Two months ago when they had me seeing red at work, I applied. Hell, I'd forgotten I had. At the time I wasn't really serious. I was angry. There are several factors to consider:

More Money: We all know this is the strongest movtivator. And Lord knows I need to get it together in 07.

Promotion: I've worked hard, and finally it's been rewarded.Thank you Jesus!

Relocation: Which means I have to pack. I hate to pack a suitcase. The whole house...aagh! I don't mind moving to a place where I only know two people. I'm a people person. This is what I do.But the packing...Lawd!

Family I'm very close to my mother and have never lived more than an hour from her. Well, I take that back, my first year of college, I did. Then my parents sold the house and moved here. I can always hop on a plane and be here. (Which is another problem- I hate to fly) It's not like I'm leaving the state, it will be a short flight. This will be the hardest for me...

I know I began with decision 07. But there is no way that I will let this opportunity pass me by. I've been given a week to decide but, after they gave me the numbers I could have jumped across the desk! I have to admit I was cool though. I just need to get my ducks in a row and do this. Moving forward, I have fatih in my ablities, it feels good to know others do too.Now if you will excuse me, I have to call my mother... I'm such a brat!

7 comments:

Jenell : BlakIzBeautyful said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

I'm sooo happy for you Sister Wendy! God Bless.

If I may give you any advice, I would say follow your own personal desires.
Don't let the new title move you.
Don't let the distance lead you.
Don't let the family decide.
Don't let the money push you.

This is your decision. YOU DECIDE (with the will of God of course)

I had a few things whispering in my ear for me not to take the current position--all of which were very valid concerns (commission only means NO MONEY; What about Law School?)-- but ultimately PRINCESS has to decide.
And guess what?

Im a Registered Financial Service Representative for First Investors Corporation.
(Well I will be after I'm done training and get my licenses)

Wendy said...

Jenelly thank you. You are so wise, sadly at your age I was not so wise. I led a rather sheltered life and was a little, I'll say "wild and carefree". Thankfully, experience time and age have made me wiser. I can confidently say when it comes to major decisions in my life, I consider all the factors in the decision making process. This is a keeper. Just call me Ms. Director!!!LOL and congrats to you. Hurry up and get your license because we need to talk.

Anonymous said...

What a great way to start the new year. Congratulations Mama!!!!

YouToldHarpoTaBeatMe said...

Congratulations.... now GO!!!

The opportunity resurfaced for a reason!

Wendy said...

Chele- Thank you!!! I'm so excited!

Tiki- Thank you! I'm going believe that!

Blu Jewel said...

Your prayer was answered and if you don't take the position, it's almost like a diss to God, whom through Him all things are possible. This move might be what you need and haven't realized it yet. There are blessings in things unknown and while the ultimate decision is yours, I think when opportunity knocks you should answer. God bless and be well.

Believer said...

Praise God! Delayed but not denied. He's got your back! God is faithful...even in the waiting.

http://avoicetobeheard.blogspot.com/

http://www.growingwithjulia.blogspot.com/