Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Do You

I do not like potlucks at work. This time someone came up with the bright idea to include clients. As I look at the spread, I am associating dishes with people for instance Catwoman (hmm..three kitties) bought a spinach dip.She has enough cat hair on her chair to make a sweater.( I've seen pictures of her cat walking walking on her counters)...I'm good, thanks. Then there is Chatty-Patty whom I am sure cannot pay attention to details long enough to make this whatever this is. It's supposed to be potato salad...I don't think so. She put apples in it too?...Yum. Did you think that up yourself? I want to smack her for this one. Youngsta(26),bought meatballs, they are floating in oil. I don't think missy drained them . I mean I like her and all but, uh there is no way in hell that I am going to eat those greasy meatballs. One client bought cabbage, Ms.Nasty, I have this motto,If you don't wash your ass...need I say anymore? Another made a cake. It really does look good, but no.Another made baked-beans and even if I did eat them I wouldn't today because I know they may not all be beans. I bought paper products and drinks because I know some people feel like I do. I just cannot eat every ones food.It's nothing personal. My stomach is not made of cast iron and somethings are not meant for me to ingest.. Mr. Comedian bought chips,thank God! Wait is that Bojangles??? I will take my chances with that.

10 comments:

Blu Jewel said...

LMBAO! I soooo feel you on this Wendy. I'm pretty much the same way you are. At least if a restaurant gets me sick, I can sue!

Luke Cage said...

Hey luv, you make alot of sense. And I can't say I blame you. In fact, there are only a select few types of people I'll eat from. One that's recommended from someone close to me, a restaurant that comes highly recommended, family of course because all of them can throw down and... I think that's it. I'd eat from your home though miss Wendy.. (smile)

You need to stop though luv.. "She has enough cat hair on her chair to make a sweater" -lmao

lyre said...

I hate food at work unless it is catered. but in reality you really dont know if the cooks are "cat people" or "rat peple" ratotoille!

Believer said...

You're crazy honest girl! Thanks for making me laugh aloud.

I could have tasted these foods, but the cat ladies dish I certainly would have passed up. No doubt!

If it were like an ethnic potluck, I surely would have other plans that night. I'm all-American especially when it comes to my food. However, I enjoy a good Italian or some Mexican entrees.

Wendy said...

Blu- You know, what can I say to you after my visit to the hospital?The CDC would like you to call.

Frank- I might pull out the aprons for you. ( Because you're my homie and because, I know you have the ability to write a very long post if it's jacked up!):-)

Lyre- I suggested the same. They just don't listen...

Rosemarie- I couldn't even bring myself to taste them.

Anonymous said...

me either! and my old manager used to get mad if we didn't eat. i finally had to ask her if eating somebody elses food was a mandatory part of my job, lol!lol!
d.

Anonymous said...

Pot lucks are for the birds. Thankfully, I'm working somewhere now where that tradition has gone right out the window.

Apples? m-kay

Minerva Exertion said...

I am a long time QC lurker, but this post made me come out of hiding. LMAO!!!!

I REFUSE to eat food made by people with cats. I don't know if that damn cat pissed on the counter or nibbled on the food. EEEWWWWW!!!

Apples???

Wendy said...

Chele! Where have you been? Good to see you.

Minerva- I'm like you, Wow! I thought I was the only one. Welcome do come again! Yes,Apples.

YouToldHarpoTaBeatMe said...

Girrrrrl! Me and Catwoman would have fallen OUT! I can't STAND when people let their pets have free roam of their homes, especially their kitchens. Eww!

Anytime someone says something about a potluck, I'll take my behind to Subway and order a party pack or the lil' Carribbean dude who thinks I'm a pret'teh black gall down the way and ask him to whip up a batch of curry-something. I wish others would do the same in cases like that.