Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Games People Play


Every since the release of the latest gaming system by Nintendo the Wii I have seen people on the news that have lost their minds. I know that these games can be intense but damn, swinging on people. Now there was a story here where the people stood in line for hours waiting for Circuit City to open and when it finally did they were already sold out. Now that warrants someone getting a cussin'. It was cold. I'm sure somebody knew that system wasn't there. Let a sis know. Not that I am standing in line for any game.

I figure there must be something really special about a game that would make you do this. I have an Xbox. Confiscated by me because my nephew wanted to act a foolio in school after he got it.He never bought the grade up. So I got an Xbox and I played a few of the games it's all right. Too many buttons going on for me. ( I had the Commodore 64 /Atari games) I'm a Sims person. I happily play my little people and live vicariously for the moment, through them. Now there are times when I am playing for hours and I have to get up and face reality. I understand these people are hooked. I have a brother who doesn't even want to take a break to eat.

But come on, it's a game people! Shooting and robbing folks. What is really going on? Then my brother called and told me they are selling for more than quadruple the price on Ebay. Oh,I get it. It's an investment, with a quick turn around on profit. Still doesn't justify all the madness. But now I can understand why some choose to stand in line for it 5 hours before the store even opened.

7 comments:

Jenell : BlakIzBeautyful said...

It wouldn't of been me waiting in line for it.

It's just a game.

I could understand if God was passing out Get of Hell cards or something.

Wendy said...

@jennelly, Ya know that is the only reason I'd be in line. I may get in twice...lol.

Jenell : BlakIzBeautyful said...

LOL...
And I'll be back cutting you!

:-P

Anonymous said...

The PS3 came out last Friday. The guy at the store told me on Halloween that I'd better plan on getting one NEXT Christmas because they were all sold out before they even came out. My son was disappointed, but for $600, I ain't even trippin.

Anonymous said...

I have no idea, I also saw in the news how one guy as soon as he got out the store with his new box he got jumped on and robbed. So sad.
By the way thanks for visiting my page and for the support

Luke Cage said...

Wow! I guess some folks really do want that game. I don't understand the obsession, but having stood in line once for over 8 hours to purchase tickets for Janet Jackson's Rhythm Nation concert, I don't know if I can really say anything... Happy Thanksgiving miss Wendy..

Brotha Buck said...

I was sold when I saw you could fish on it. I won't be standing in any lines though.