Sunday, August 05, 2007

The Look Of Love

I pride myself on being able to come out of awkward situations unscathed, but recently I was hit with a doosie and now I'm feeling a little bad about it. Z and I are cool. He is a constant flirt but married so I cannot go there. But he gets plenty of attention from the ladies because he is attractive as well. He claims to have never cheated in his marriage and hell all I can do is take him at his word.

Whenever we are speaking of some of the women we know and I say she is pretty, or cute he ALWAYS has a negative comment. Like "She has a nice face but she fat, or she has a bangin bod, but her face is tore the hell up" Being that bruh always has something to say I thought for sure that his wife must look like a super model.

Well, I saw his wife the other day in pictures. The wild thing is his boy just just threw them down like PlADOW!!! I think for shock effect because he wanted to see my reaction. He's sneaky like that. Anyway, thankfully I was on a call so I wasn't hit full blast with it. You know how people will avoid calling ugly babies cute? They start talking about how fat they are, or the outfit the child has on. Well, I couldn't even do that. I mean it was all I could do to hold a straight face. I couldn't bring myself to comment about anything.Everything was jacked up!It would have been crazy as hell for me to say that is a nice hairdo.I mean damn the only thing missing from ol' gurl was a bearskin and a club. I'm sorry. After the shock wore off, I managed to comment on the background. I don't really think he sees her how she is. I mean I KNOW love is blind but I wanted to shout "Z, don't ever, ever, evereverevereverrrr, call another woman fat or ugly!" After he left us all sitting there looking either shocked, bewildered or amazed, I kinda felt bad for him.No one wanted to say anything but you could see " What the hell was that, or are we being punk'd?" in all our faces. Finally, Mr. Comedian in our group said, "Those were some nice shoes she had on.We laughed until, we had to race to the bathroom. Normally, I wouldn't but the way ol' boy talks about other women. He brought it on himself.

5 comments:

Ye manzilen !! said...

Beauty is in the eye......they said - did'nt they?
LOL

Blu Jewel said...

he must wear some really special glasses. *giggle*

lyre said...

I had that same thing happen to me! my coworker buddy brought pictures of a trip he took with his wife, and when I saw her, I was like...DAAAAAMMMMMN! it was a Smokey reaction.

Believer said...

Okay, he may be in love, but he knows what she really looks like to the rest of the world. That's why he degrades other women with his comments. He must do this in order to elevate his woman. Sad!

You always know how to make me laugh. I agree, he brought that all upon himself!

Luke Cage said...

Miss Wendy!!!! I didn’t know a honey had a little gangsta in her. Talking about “damn the only thing missing from ol' gurl was a bearskin and a club. I'm sorry” – Holy shyyyt! I will not be drinking anything and reading your posts ever again. I’ve learned my lesson (wink)