Tuesday, January 15, 2002

I call my parents everyday...EVERYDAY...Not because I have to. I want to. I went to bed late...well it was another day. So today I slept and slept . Wouldn't you know the one day that I did this, was the day they actually called me and they couldn't reach me? Given the circumstances I understand them wondering why I did not call...but... I am a very hard sleeper. I know it's something I conditioned myself to because when I lived at home... my people like to get up EARLY and make lots of noise. For no particular reason. Not normal early either, 5-6 am .So if I am asleep..I don't wake up to any noise, except my alarm clock. Not the phone, not the door...nothing. Thank goodness I don't have children. DSS would surely have carted them away by now. Today... My parents..you must understand that I am the oldest of the children but.. the baby. They went straight to flip mode. MOM: Why didn't you call us back? I was worried...We thought something happened to you. That was so unlike you. DAD: I'm not speaking to you right now because you worried your mother ( him too). BROTHER AND SISTER: Pointing, laughing, holding hands, swaying and saying things like " you started it..now your in trouble". ME: I call my parents everyday... EVERYDAY...not because I have to.I want to.

No comments: