Saturday, January 12, 2002

Met with my girls..for what seems to be our weekly "exhale" session. I listen mostly. To all the horror stories, the heartache. I watch as they pretend it doesn't hurt anymore. I feel the tears behind the smiles. I see the little girls behind the 'tough' exteriors. I hear the real warnings when they say, "This better not end up in one of your books Wendy" Never... but we all go through it. So, last night when one said " I'm so tired of love, I wish there wasn't any in the world.If you hate me, I know where I stand." Wow.. I had to stop running my mouth. A world with no love, hateraid all around. She laughed it off, but she really meant it. I know this because I talked with her about that comment.I thought so long about what she had to say that she inspired the following...

Tired
I'm trapped inside myself...my inner being screaming to me
don't give up!
I ignore this glorious part of me...because my heart tells me I must
My dreams deferred,my hopes are shattered, my spirit unwilling to soar
Wounded by scenes I replay in my mind..have rocked my very core
I am living but within restrictions, afraid to try again
Wrapped up in misery....at love I cannot win
So beaten down by this life, so uninspired
I feel hollow inside and my soul is...tired

Sending up prayers girl...it really does get better.

No comments: