Saturday, February 10, 2007

Smooth Sailing

Now that the workplace is somewhat in order, I can get back to my life. Yesterday I lost my credit card. I've never lost it before. Within 1 hour someone had already used it. Damn, theives are on it! They got some gas on me. Thankfully that was all. I don't lose things. I just don't, especially money, credit/bank cards. I hold onto my things with a death grip. Of course this came after my starter died on my car. So I went into the store ( really to get a damn beer or something) because my car pissed me off but, I was still at work so I got a Pepsi. I remember pulling the card from my wallet to get to my bank card, but I could have swore I placed it back in the slot. I started paying bills last night and noticed it was gone. You know how you can feel it's gone, but want to check and recheck your steps anyway? That was me last night in detective mode.Had I moved a little quicker they may not have got me at all. Finally I cancelled it. Now I have to wait 7-10 business days for a replacement.

Next week I have to go to Ohio. Half of the company will go to Florida. But my half gets to go to cold ass Ohio. That's just great, the only upside is that I will get to visit with my nephew. Yesterday, I made defiant one, the lost one. He is out of my hair. He was incapable of working for a woman, especally a black one so, I set him free. Now my enviroment is more pleasant.

I saw the cutest learning tool for my god baby,it's called a LeapPad and it helps him with reading, language, problem solving and memory. Yeah he's only 19 months but you can never start too soon. I warned his mother when he was born, that I wasn't the one to come to for the clothing labels, but I will help with educating the boy. He's such a cutey though I still get caught in the trap.

Well, it's Saturday and I am going to take it easy, I'm getting ready to throw on some old school, clean my house, and get my groove on. Stay Blessed!

3 comments:

Believer said...

Thanks for keeping us up to date. There's so much going on here that I want to comment on. Kudos for the plenty posted here!

Anyway, the credit card, well the good thing is that it didn't cost you anything, but aggravation and time to wait for the new one to arrive, which means most likely inconvenience.

My credit card had a fraudulent charge recently that the bank notified me about. I'm waiting too for the new one to arrive.

Hang in there!

Glad to here you got rid of the "problem one" at work. You saw the warning signs early. You go girl!

What a cute toy for the nephew!

By the way, we all are caught up in the trap for the kids. Companies are making a mint off our hard-earned dollars because they know we can't say, "No."

Hope you had a good day cleaning and jamming!

Stop by to read My Sunday Best.

Anonymous said...

Sorry about the credit card drama ... I don't even carry mine around anymore. If I need them for something specific than I'll grab it. It keep me safe and helps to control my spending.

Glad your work environment is more pleasant now.

Blu Jewel said...

CC drama is a beyah, but be thankful the purchase was minimal and you were able to cancel it. Sounds like things are going well and the change is doing you good. Keep on keeping on and I wish you well.