Sunday, February 25, 2007

Home

-When I think of HOME I think of a place where there is love overflowing

How true this verse is for me. I don't ever want to visit the state of Ohio in the winter ever again. It was just too damn cold. I think this was some sort of test. If I made through this week; I could keep my job. You know what kills me? When people say "Oh you're from NY you're used to this". What is that about? I live in NC for a reason.It's as if people think NYers have a thermal layer of skin or something. They're immune to cold weather.. In Ohio they have freezing FOG!! I have never heard that phrase in my life.

My roomie was a native of Kentucky. I thought she was going to pass out,she was so cold. She packed for summer as far as I could tell and that weather was tearing her ass up. She was a cute, blue Popsicle. She also had this twang that was put on and driving me crazy. And she just went on and on about (Black people the best thing since sliced bread!) She even told me about the black caretaker her children had and how they just loved their mammy! I kid you not. Can you say WTF for me out loud? That was it for me. I needed to go...it was for the best.

I think the trainer could have been a little more patient with those who did not understand what the hell she was zipping through at the moment. She was more of the type that said it once, and you had better get it because she was moving on. This woman didn't even stop when one of my co-workers notebook went offline! She also had the tendency to try an answer your question before you got it out of your mouth ( Or formed it in your head). I hate that, and I was really trying (HARD) to be cool, but I had to SAY something. I was thinking daaayummm, this is ridiculous it was as if she didn't want us to ask questions, because it would throw a monkey wrench in her schedule. On the last day she said " Well we made it and no one wanted to kill me." Don't bet your life on it honey. I know my facial expression screamed I wanted to slap you a time or two!!!. Thankfully I was able to grasp most of what she taught. What I didn't get I will just have to learn on my own.

This has been a long as week for me. I have never been happier to be in North Carolina.

3 comments:

Believer said...

"Well we made it and no one wanted to kill me."

Either she’s a prophet or she's already been told by another student!

Glad your home in warmer weather.

YouToldHarpoTaBeatMe said...

Mammy? Okay Boo, I'll say it for you... PHUCK HER!

*wooooooosahhhhh*

I don't like that "Get it? Got it? Good!" instructors either. I learned how to start bringing tape recorders to classes and seminars I have to attend now.

I can't stand that mess..."You're from Michigan, you ought be..." blah blah blah. If I could move closer to the equator, I would.

She was probably ignoring the sea of raised eyebrows througout the room, when she made that comment.

Jenell : BlakIzBeautyful said...

Hey Sister Wendy!!!

I know exactly what you mean!!

I HATE the COLD and people always say the same thing they say to you "You're from NY, you're used to it"

HELLZ NO I AINT!!!

I know its normal, but I ain't used to it-no way.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

WTF!!!
A F'IN MAMMY!?!!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*


I MISS YOU!!!