Saturday, April 14, 2007

Just Because

I've never had a toothache before. Although this kid looks cuteI don't believe missing teeth would have the same appeal on me. So I have always taken very good care of them. Imagine my surprise while chewing when one of my fillings came out. Well,parts of it. I don't believe surprise is the word I'm looking for here. Unbearable, indescribable pain would cover it... maybe...It's the sort of pain that stops you dead in your tracks. It stopped me from chewing that's for damn sure.

I have a friend that has been dealing with a rotten tooth for years. He is too scared to visit the dentist because a while back he had some work done and the pain that followed was worst than the original problem. So, instead he never chews on the right side of his mouth, and says that he will never trust a dentist again. I guess that works for him. I however, am taking my ass to the dentist as fast as I can. Since it happened I have been treading lightly on the offending side of my mouth but I couldn't imagine eating this way for the rest of my life. Or brushing the way I have been forced to,not when there are licensed people to help me.That is insane!I don't ever want to feel that type of pain again.

Between this tooth, a week of watching Roots and the Imus(Anus) bullcrap, this hasn't been a the best time to be around me.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I heard that. I have appointment on Tuesday to finally get my wisdome teeth removed. They aren't bothering me but my dentist says that there could be an issue in the future.

Anonymous said...

I heard that. I have appointment on Tuesday to finally get my wisdome teeth removed. They aren't bothering me but my dentist says that there could be an issue in the future.

Luke Cage said...

I'm a beast when it comes to taking care of the teeth as well, and that really must have come as a shocker when bits of your filling just came out. Unlike Chele though, I won't be going to get my wisdom tooth extracted. My dentist told me the same thing that even though I have no problems now, there could be a problem later and when it hurts later, it will be a b#$th to pull out. Oh well. I have a high threshold for pain anyway (smile)

Believer said...

Girl...I'm feelin' ya! I sure hope you're doing much better.

I had root canal and a crown put on recently. Damn! Can you say almost $3K? I'm serious as a heart attack! You had better tell your friend. It seems he may have to pull it out instead of going for the root canal.

I now know more about the anatomy of a tooth. If you have a cavity that goes undetected for a long time or if you have a filing and their are fractures...the pulp (the inside of the tooth) can become diseased and cause abscesses or pain. Either way the roots have to come out. This procedure is just to save your natural teeth.

Whew! I really didn't want to relive that.

http://ruhoffman.blogspot.com/2007/03/pain.html