Sunday, July 29, 2007

Come Sunday

Thank God for Sunday. I see why the lord chose this day to rest. I had an eventful weekend. It was my plan to come here pack and chill but my brother had other plans for me. My brother is the type of person that will not ever go to the doctor. In his defense he is in pretty good health. An athletic type.He rarely ever gets sick. ( I contribute that to the three sixes on his scalp)Seriously, he takes care of himself. So for him to say " I need to go to the hospital" The pain had to be unbearable. He has been getting these spasms in his leg, buttocks and back recently. Of course he tried to diagnose himself,.WebMDis not for everyone. I told him "Your just old man, you can't do what you could when you where 18".He wasn't too happy with that statement. So, yesterday we spent the day in the emergency room. He is okay now. I think it scared him enough that he will follow up with his doctor.

My sister called and told me that she has been promoted to director of her entire department. I am sooooooooooo proud of her!

I spent the day with my parents. I love watching them interact with one another.They give me hope that true love is still alive.They have been married for 49 years and when they look at each other you can still see they love they have for one another in their eyes. You can feel it.

I didn't get any packing done. But I did manage to find a few sundresses ( on sale of course) being that summer is almost over. Just what I needed more clothes. Now I'm going to take the longest bubble bath known to mankind ( I love bubbles!) not as much as the fish in the tank in Finding Nemo. But real close. I'm rockin' Gerald Levert's In My Songs CD DJ Don't is playing again.I love that cut! I'm Feeling Blessed. Thank you Father for Sunday.

4 comments:

Believer said...

Family can give us a place of comfort that we can let the joy flow. So glad it worked out that way, and a bubble bath as the closer with a favorite song...it doesn’t get any better than that. You are blessed!

PS You've been tagged! I will get to the meme of 8 this week as I’m still workin' it out.

Blu Jewel said...

It's great that you have a positive and interactive relationship with your family.

Aww @ your parents...that's so beautiful.

continue to take care of you lady!

YouToldHarpoTaBeatMe said...

Your brother sounds alot like me. It has to be pretty dayum painful before I give in and so see Doc. I have that "this too shall pass" mentality. Not always a good thing.

It's so cool to hear about couples who's love seems to never run dry.

Anonymous said...

Bubble baths are proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

(apologies to Ben Franklin for rewriting his original quote)