Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Arthur

I used to be able to dance for hours. I was< the energizer bunny. Now, I have a three dance limit. I remember power walking from parties I told my parents we had a ride home from and making my Cinderella curfew!I remember playing endless games of handball. Running a million suicides,( although I hated them and my coach for making me do them)I couldn't do one now if you paid me.Not one ache the next day. As I listen to my body snap, crackle and popping, like my name IS Rice Krispie,I recall my great-grandmother talking about Arthur.

Arthur is bold, ruthless and ageless, he doesn't introduce himself and try to get to know your likes and dislikes. He just enters your life, he doesn't ask permission to hold your hands, rub your knees, back, legs or hips. He just grabs hold and he doesn't care one bit if you like it or not. Arthur entered my life around 38, and although I've tried to leave him many times, his jealous, stalking ass won't let me be. Each time he comes back, he comes with a hard lesson he wants to teach me. When I ignore him, he becomes downright abusive, sending sharp pains my way. I swear if I could catch him slipping I would bust him in the forehead with one of my cast iron pots. He knows, and every time he gets me it's on a sneak tip.

Most days I'm fine. Something about cold weather makes him even more evil.As I am typing this, this punk is messing with me. Making my fingers tingle and numb. Making my knees throb.

I used to be able to dance for hours...

5 comments:

Believer said...

Your post intrigued me. So vivid and had me at the edge of my seat. Forgive me, please, but who is Arthur? I'm guessing it's not a person. Okay, the light bulb just came on...is it Arthritis? Dang, that's good Ms. Wendy!

As usual, you had me ROFL!
"...like my name IS Rice Krispie..."
"...his jealous, stalking ass won't let me be."
"I would bust him in the forehead with one of my cast iron pots."

Believer said...

"Arthur entered my life around 38."

I'm sorry to hear that Arthur once again took residence where he was unwelcome. I pray that on your best days you don't even remember who Arthur is!

Wendy said...

Rosemarie-LMAO, yes it's Arthritis. I am praying with you for this man to be out of my life!

Blu Jewel said...

LOL @ the analogy. I knew from the moment you said what you could do then and what you could do now that it was arthritis that you were talking about. Loved how you phrased it and you're descriptions were hilarious. I've had a level of arthritis since I was 18 after my hand began to heal from a severe injury. Arthur, does not discriminate with age trust me on that.

Luke Cage said...

Nicely done miss Wendy. Although I’m sorry to hear about your ailment. I thought you were talking about back pains… lol