Sunday, October 14, 2007

Somewhere

Rant- Michael Baisden of radio and now televsion "Baisden After Dark". Asked this question on his late night program on TVone. Do you believe that men are incapable of being monogamous? 99.999999 percent of the women in the audience said no.His response was, if women truly believe that then why are we so upset when a man cheats.One of the panelist, sorry I forget her name stated there is also something called free-will. Which I totally agree with. Am I to excuse a man for his transgression simply because of his gender. Hell NO!!!, I expect to be treated with the same respect that I give you. I expect to be honored. I expect that when a man tells me that we are in a relationship that he will do all he needs to keep that relationship strong. I expect that if he should see something else he wants to try to he will come to me and tell me so, then let me decide if I want to be involved in a threesome.9 (That would be another Hell No but tellme anyway).Everyday women are tempted, everyday we smile politely and say no thank you, I have a husband/man. Hell I even make up men. Why can't men do the same? Why can't they be content with what they have.Simply because your testosterone levels are higher? So, women with mustaches or beards cheat more than woman with no facial hair? This is not a gender flaw that is psychological. Men have been conditioned to this way of thinking. If we taught our girls the same way then, we could say that women aren't capable of being monogamous.What it really is, is BS with a capital B. I am so sick of men using this tired excuse to wreck havoc in women's lives. Why don't we try to teach our young men that its not cool to bed everyone woman who is willing. It's not cool to deceive people. STD's aren't cool, heartbreak isn't cool. Multiple baby mamas' is not cool. Soon these poor kids won't be able to date anyone, anyway because they will all be related. Why can't we try to raise young men to be chivalrous, honorable men. Why can't we instill the same values in young men, we hammer into young women?

Ok, there are some treacherous, scandalous women too. I know. Women who do not care what relationship that man is in so long as he does for her. These women sadly do not care enough about themselves to look for honorable men. They are willing, to settle for whatever because they do not have the esteem or the mindset that they are worth more. I can only pity these women and pray that they wake up.

Enough said...single me.I can't forgive and forget repeatedly.I don't have the desire or capcity to tolerate bullshit. So, single I will remain,if that's all there is.

Does anyone else find it despicable that Monopoly now comes with a ATM cash card? Do we need to dummy down our children anymore?

3 comments:

Luke Cage said...

I saw the first Baisden after Dark, but then they switched nights on me and I didn't catch the last one. But I'm back on point again.

It's funny you mentioned the part about I expect that if he should see something else he wants to try to he will come to me and tell me so, then let me decide if I want to be involved in a threesome. - I did this and watched the wifey's reaction.

It was so funny. Then she flipped the script and said, sure. You, me and some guy that she gets to pick and then the smile disappeared from my face. It was sooo funny. The other thing is, I couldn't imagine except for 1 other female in my past that I could have played that question with without it ringing alarms.

But the free will response is a great one. Should a man be excused for his sexual transgression simply because he is a MAN? Of course not. But having been a man who had a wild bachelorhood, I wonder if it's just a case of it's there to be got, so they go out and get it. I don't know.

I've been hit on since being married. Something that shocked me because sometimes my ring was very obvious, other times it wasn't. I appreciated the attention, hell I was even flattered by it, but there's too much of a good thing going on at home for me. And I can't mess that up.

I won't lie to you miss Wendy. Sometimes the allure of getting it is so strong that I just sigh and say dayum! -lol- but it's scary just the same. After 10 years, I'm constantly being reminded that there is this bump that every married couple hits. We haven't seen it yet and the only thing I'm scared of is tripping up on something. But infidelity is not one of them. Fine post luv...

YouToldHarpoTaBeatMe said...

I wish a n***a WOULD!

Okay seriously and honestly, I would always remind him that I could do the same. There's no point in him reminding ME of the VOWS I made to him, because if all bets are off when he "slip and falls" into someone else, best believe I'd keep him worried about me returning the favor. I'm talking leaving the house lookin' all luscious...just to go run errands, taking my sweet ass time returning from work, developing more hobbies outside the house. Hell, I might even make up some dayum numbers and put them in my cell...Then act all blahzay about it. Shoooot.

Most men who have cheated know that if their wives ever did the same, she'd probably leave him, because it's more than just sex for alot of us. Shoot, my husband doesn't even like when another man tells me a joke and I'm laughing to the point of tears. I found that out a few months ago, when we were all sitting at our dining room table playing bones. His friend told me a joke. Believe me, that mess was funnier than hell. I was snorting...the guy started laughing harder because of it. Hubby stopped laughing and looked at us both like "haha HELL"! I guess to him, that was ol' boy chipping away to the core of ME.

Him not like it.

So while alot of one-sided men think it's okay and somehow we need to accept it, they need to understand that the same things he found attractive and exciting about his wife....another man probably does too.

Anonymous said...

Amen sister!