Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Call Me


I have never been a person who will repeatedly call someone. I will call leave a message and hopefully you will return my call. If not, I'll talk to you when you are able. See ya, when I see ya!

I have an acquaintance, that is blowing my phone up. So much so that I find myself wondering why I gave her my number. When I do answer she wants to talk about others. I'm not the type woman who talks about people, I don't sit around gossiping and causing drama, I have told her that's not me. Anything I have to say, believe me it will be said to you.

The other thing is she speaks really, re al ly, sl ow ly . So I am in a 5 minute conversation for 30.I think someone who stutters would get the point across sooner.

I pride myself in being able to get along with anyone. If you allow me too. But this tracking me down for bullshit is killing me. She will call and call and call until I answer. The first time she did it, I really thought something was wrong.If I am unreachable at home she will repeatedly call my cell. Now this would not be an issue if I haven't already explained this to her. Her constant calling pushes my other numbers out of my phone. She said she was sorry and just trying to catch up. Understandable, but chill. If it isn't an emergency, don't call me like it is. I am getting images of Glen Close calling repeatedly and turning that lamp off/on.

Seriously, Its getting so bad... I mean damn I am blogging about it dammit!. I don't mind you calling me. Lord knows I can talk on the phone... But I have got to put the breaks on this.

It's not normal to let a phone ring repeatedly. What did Eddie Murphy say? "That's a lonely B@7%H! on the end of that line."

6 comments:

Brotha Buck said...

Hm. Sounds like one of my daughters.

Wendy said...

Buck, I hope you're kidding.

Blu Jewel said...

Oh lawd! I'd be so through if someone called me like that. I even tell people that it's not necessary to leave voicemail unless it's something I need to know cause I don't wanna have to check it to hear "just called to say hi". I can see that you called and will hit you back when I'm available. *sigh*

love!

Jenell : BlakIzBeautyful said...

Oh dang!

You need to take my approach.

When someone starts this I call them back in a panic, "OMG ARE YOU OKIE? ARE YOU IN THE HOSPITAL? DID SOMEONE DIE?!?!?!?"

(I sound sooo scared)

They always say "No" of course.

Then I say, "Listen, unless that is whats going on, call me once, leave a message and I'll get to you when I'm free."

Done.

Believer said...

Good advice.

Couple of tips:
Block THAT number.
Hit IGNORE on the cell when she's calling.
Tell her straight up that you're uneasy with all this gossip and calling you for anything and everything.
Put up boundaries, like we'll catch up NEXT week

How long have you known this person? Is this someone in real life as opposed to the Internet?

Wendy said...

Blu- I am so through. I had to cut her off.

Jenelly- Hello there! Good to see you!

Believer- This is someone I met through a mutual friend. I've known her sometime we just never exchanged numbers. Now I know why.