Saturday, August 09, 2008

In the Morning




It's been quite some time since I've gotten up early on a Saturday morning. I'd like to say that I did. But you guys know the deal. No mornings for me mon. I scanned the television for shows that I could recognize and there weren't any. Back in the day, the above were the ones to watch. Then around 1pm I could look forward to Kung Fu theater. Those were the baddest cats in the game. They could fight a whole nation for 15 hours straight, get stabbed and walk all the way back to their country and deliver their news before they died....Kids don't know what they are missing.



His last name is Edwards, I assure you Obama had nothing to do with this.Of course the " Breaking News" every fifteen minutes about the problems this man is having, must be followed by a story involving Obama. Please vote! Take someone to vote!



I have to say I was I was shocked and saddened by the death of this man.Another comedian that I liked. Bernie Mac's style of humor was raw, he was not for the faint of heart but, he was the truth and he will definitely be missed. My prayers for his family and friends. May he rest in peace.

2 comments:

Luke Cage said...

Hey Ms. Wendy. I feel you on the heavy heart for our brothers homegoing this past weekend. Brother Bernie was my favorite of the Kings of Comedy and Isaac..? Well, what can't you say of Isaac. Dude simply put it down.

But I loved the beginning of this post. The Saturday morning cartoons of our youth WAS THE BEST. No way will it ever be touched. Do you have the Boomerang channel around your way?

They play all of the ol' school Tom 'N Jerry, Heckle & Jeckyl, Land of the Lost and some other treats.

But on Saturdays, I remember, Courageous CAt and Minute Mouse, O'Mighty Isis, The Superfriends, man luv.. don't get me going down Memory Lane. That's a weakness for me - wink

Blu Jewel said...

I so needed to come over here because you put a much needed smile on my face. I miss those Saturday morning cartoon marathons; real cartoons, not the pseudo cartoons of today.

I loved me some Heckle and Jekyl with their gangsta walk and antics. Betty Boop was my girl too.

I ain't even following that Edwards mess; if he knew how to handle his business he wouldn't be on Front Street right now.

I could use a Bernie Mac moment right now *sigh*

Love!