Thursday, August 28, 2008

Ain't No Mountain High Enough


Tonight we will witness history. When Barack Obama accepts the party nomination for the President of the United States. On the 45th anniversary of Martin Luther Kings' " I have a Dream" speech.

I'm bursting with pride. Yet, I can't help but think of the struggle of those before him. Those who took the beatings and endured, in your face racism that we couldn't even imagine today. Those who hung in their because the conviction, their courage wouldn't let them be turned away. Their pride in themselves wouldn't allow them to settle for being second class citizens. Their determination and their faith guiding them while they shaped our futures.

These are the qualities we need now more than ever. We still have a fight ahead of us! So get as many people in your communities registered. Get them involved! Talk to them about what this( election) means. Not only for Democrats, not only for Blacks for us all. We need change!We must have more from our government than we have in the the past eight years. Not a Democrat?, cool get the conversations flowing anyway, you may convert a few.


Today, I hope our youth take notice. I hope they see what a little hard work can do. What having goals and self worth can do. That although, it won't be easy. ( What in life worthwhile is.) The sky is the limit! They can become anything their hearts desire.

3 comments:

Jenell : BlakIzBeautyful said...

I can't believe I'm alive to witness this piece of history.

I'm with you when you say you hope our youth take notice.

I have to encourage my students in my class all the time.

The sky is definitly the limit, but we have to show them this.

I don't put my kids in groups by color (red group, blue group etc). I put them together by goals! Lawyers, Doctors, and Scientists.

They love it!

lyre said...

My N-man is mulatto just like Obama. What a great thing to think you can become President! And he is so character driven and intellectual and passionate about his people (Americans). I LOVE IT!
I especially love his scripture.
Hebrews 10:23 "Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful."

Luke Cage said...

WennnnnnDeeeeee??? Where ya at luv?