Tuesday, January 20, 2009

AT LAST !!!!




Whether you voted for him or not, this day is profound for everyone. This day is proof that any one of us can overcome any obstacle. Whatever you are feeling right now at this moment in time, know that you have witnessed history. You have watched an America that you and I have only dreamed about, come to fruition. If only for today, when this man, Barack Obama's character was more important than the color of his skin. You can't help but feel emotional, as I witnessed our 44th president take his oath, with his wife by his side, with millions of people, young, old, black, white, rich and poor weathering the cold. Smiling like they were in the middle of the most tropical island. I was filled with so much pride and adoration. He addressed the nation in his cool manner that only he has. He was firm, strong, eloquent and gave Americans, all of us, a sense of hope. A sense that a new day has dawned. Lift every voice and sing!

The days ahead will be long. He will be over analyzed, criticized. He is but one man.

Pray for him
Pray for his family
Pray for this country

Yes we can, Yes we did! Congratulations Mr. President

2 comments:

Believer said...

It was a day to remember for various reasons and I'm thankful to witness it.

Praying for the President!

YouToldHarpoTaBeatMe said...

Why does Alicia Key's "No one" dance around in my head?

I never thought I'd see this day, and I'm glad to have been a part of something so monumental.

I'm so proud of President Obama, and I'm truly proud of America. I'll continue to pray for his wisdom and for God to keep His hedge of safety around President Obama and his family.

President Obama....

Okay, I just typed it because I like the way it looks.