Monday, May 29, 2006

Today Was A Good Day

Another holiday spent with close friends and family. I was counting all my blessings today. Mom and Dad are fine and in good health again. Hell they have less aches and pains than me. My brother even dropped by for a while. He looks good. I missed my sister today, her laughter and crazy sense of humor. I guess more so because T lost hers yesterday. I know how close they were. As I looked at all the love that I was surrounded by today, I said a special thank you to God. For letting those I love most be here to celebrate with me. So many have lost someone this year, be it here at home or at war. I pray that I never take them for granted.

T's sister died doing what she loved. Playing bingo. She had actually won. She started to yell out and suffered a massive stroke, and we think an aneurysm because witnesses say that she grabbed her head not chest or arm. There was also a lot of bleeding in her brain. She was 43, not 46 as I thought. T is doing as well as can be expected. Although, she tried to sound upbeat when I called, I knew better.. She told me that they plan to bury her either Thursday or Friday. I will attend.

Cherish every day, Love those that love you. Tell them you love them. Show them. Right now I'm loving my good days and my bad. I'm loving every ache and pain. I'm loving my life....

1 comment:

chele said...

I am sorry about your friend's sister. That is just so sad. I'll be 42 this year. Damn. Death is not strictly for the elderly.