Sunday, May 28, 2006

Gone Too Soon

I was listening to my messages, you know the listening you do when you are not really listening. 1)'What's up girl blah, blah, blah'. I saw such and such" ...I'm taking off my clothes. Not really listening. 2) "Damn where you been? I've been calling all day?" Not really listening. Where are my slippers? I live here alone and still can't find things. I believe little munchins live here with me and are moving my things around. Are you still talking...I'm not really listening. I should have stopped and picked up some apples. i'm not going back out. 3)"Wendy this is T" Oh, T called. I need to go by there and see her baby. I know she is having a cookout. Why is she talking so low? You know I can't hear. And I'm not really listening. "... my sister died today, call me as soon as you get this message." Okay, I'm listening. My girl was 46. 46, years old.I don't even know how yet because I haven't called her back yet.I'm numb. I don't know what to say. I'm sorry is not enough. I don't deal well with death. Damn...

No comments: