Thursday, June 01, 2006

Instant Replay


<---Me at 39. So the count down to forty has begun...I took a really good look at myself ( body ) yesterday. I'm flabby. But, not too shabby. I seriously had to rethink my current ( nonya bizness) weight. I guess M's death has scared me. Reality for your ass. Not that she was a big woman, which was enough for me. I have heart disease and cancer in my immediate family, I have started working out again. This time I'm sticking to it. Really. Even though I have been fat now for some time , I never had cellulite or a stomach, this too is a SHOUT OUT!! in the worst way. It angers me sometimes because I don't eat a lot. I know people see fat folks and think that we are just hanging out at the fridge and buffets and constantly stuffing our faces. That is not the case with me.I know my problem is not enough food. So,whatever food I do get my body holds hostage. Being short hasn't helped my cause either. So I have a new game plan. They say it's never to late. Yesterday, I walked halfway around my building at work. You would have thought I ran a marathon. I'm not a happy camper.


It's also my parents anniversary coming soon and I have to say after much thought,my sister came up with a great gift. ( I would mention what it is but my parents are too nosy and they may somehow find out)Even though they don't know about my blog. I was going crazy thinking of what to give them. These are two people who don't need anything. I hate to give money or gift cards... Too impersonal for me. I spent hours during the Christmas rush wandering around the mall looking for something, anything.It was so sad. After this gift there really is nothing else but cash. I'm so excited though! I can't wait to see their faces.

3 comments:

YouToldHarpoTaBeatMe said...

Ya lookin' right purdy, ma'am. Just consider the workout and diet planning an extended lease on life, and something to compliment what you already have....purdiness. *cheesing*

chele said...

Figure out the best way to live healthy. I don't work out because I'm too lazy but I do walk up three flights of stairs everyday (twice a day) at work. I guess that counts. I also try not to eat a lot of junk...except for one week out of the month when my body craves salt and chocolate.

Wendy said...

Tiki- I told my folks today...Mu=y blog buddy thinks I'm purdy...lol
Chele. I do stairs everyday, not helping. I need more...lol