Wednesday, August 02, 2006

I Gotta Get Up

I am not one for the dramatics...BUT...My God. I do not know what a heart attack feels like, but what I did have had to be close. I have never ,ever felt a tightness in my chest like this before. I suffer from acid reflux so I was thinking I was just having an episode. So, I did what I always did, grab an GAS-X(Which I would gladly do a commercial for ) and go. People, when I tell you this works in no time for me, believe it. However, this time the gas in my chest was a little stubborn. So I drank a little tea. Nothing. Okay, hmm. Let me go get a cold, cold PEPSI...Because nothing on earth moves gas like a cold, cold PEPSI..Nothing. Oh yes there was something. There was the constant vomiting that came from this little stunt. And the shortness of breath, I was scared people. I mean REALLY scared. I called 911.

Turns out my gall bladder decided to check out. Stones ( that I was not even aware that I had, needed to go) along with it. So after a week in the patient estates ,I'm home. As I fumble around like Quasi, I realize how much I miss an other. As I was lying on thee floor waiting for the ambulance, with my life flashing before me, I realized that there are so many things that I haven't done. Not only want to but need to do. For me. So I may be down for a minute, but I'm coming back. Pray for me. I just Gotta Get Up!

2 comments:

chele said...

My goodness Wendy! I'm glad to hear that you are okay. That had to be scary especially since you were alone.

Don't lose the feeling of having to do something for yourself. I'm on that track too. We are too important to ignore.

Luke Cage said...

Whew! That was a close call luv. I'm so happy to hear that it was gall stones and nothing relating to your heart. Funny how an incident can put the fear of God in an individual. Sometimes, our Lord does a little shakeup thing with us to get us back on track. Glad to hear that you are truly back up there lady.