Sunday, July 16, 2006

Come Sunday

The beginning of another week. Thank you Jehovah!!!

If I had the money I would go for the gastro.Although, I think you have to be a hundred pounds over your ideal weight ( Mine being 135 and I haven't seen that since I was 21. And won't see it again, even on crack) I'm not there but, something has got to give because I am so sick of this diet. I'm not starving myself but a lifetime of eating the wrong foods has me ready to commit crimes for a chocolate chip cookie. A (REAL) chocolate chip cookie. The other day when I was feeding my godson, even his junk food was looking tasty. I do reward myself with little treats but damn I need a meeting or something.
I need to stand before others and admit that I am a sugar fiend. I need a partner. Someone I can talk to, who knows what I am going through. Not Weight Watchers, some free stuff. I mean why isn't there a group for junk food eaters to meet and greet? I mean I know we can't be anonymous. Our asses, throw that out the window. We could have a catchy name though like ALL OF ME ...We could meet seven days a week. WW better watch out!
Seriously, another week has passed and not another pound has dropped. All I want to lose is thirty pounds. That's it. I've reached a plateau at twelve. Who reaches a plateau at 12?. I don't know what else to do. I mean I know at this point I am supposed to increase my metabolism...Somehow. My work hours prevent any more work out time. Anyone know any foods that can increase my metabolism? Please let me know.
I have alot of hair on my head. I said I would let it grow again and it is growing. Up and out but, not down. My beautician thinks I'm crazy (of course she does. It's just not growing fast enough for me. I guess I should be happy considering all that it has survived.

2 comments:

The Sarccastik Variable Why said...

let it grow...wifey talks about letting it grow too...but when it get hot...she then wants to "CHOP IT OFF"....couple of questions on the hr side:

1) Does the offer letter come before the background check? (I'm clean i'm trying to figure out why is it talking so long...still haven't received it) Or when the background comes then i receive the offer letter? If that's the case, HR Slacker should've explained that to the Mgr who's offering me the position and me correct?

2) I was offered the job on Monday (last week) she should've sent off for my background that day correct?

3) Who do i negotiate with? (if i wanted to negotiate a extra week of vacation) Should that be the HR Slacker? or the Mgr who offered my the position

Wendy said...

@ Sar...1)In most cases , the offer letter comes before the check. Why we do this is beyond me. Sometimes people are in training before we get their results.

2)Ideally it should, but depending workload , time frame etc. They may hire a full class and send them all at once.

3) Any additonal time off request should be discussed with the hiring manager so he can communicate this with HR. Most companies will understand pre-planned events. Just don't request too much time off.

Don't worry if you were made an offer verbally, your letter will come. All the best to you!