Friday, May 25, 2007

Easy Being Green

- "I'm green and I guess that's just the way I'm supposed to be."



How many strong,beautiful women do you know who are overweight? ThoseFAT( yes I said it,with an F. I'm one of them so I can call it what it is) women that have told society that what they think is a healthy weight for them is bullshit. Gorgeous ladies doing the damn thing. I know a few. But, until I read my doctors chart ( being nosey)...Don't get me wrong I'm 5'2". I knew I needed to shed a few pounds but according to height/weight ratio, I am OBESE. I rationalized that people carry weight differently, and there is no way on earth( even on the best crack you can get a receipt for) that I will get to 110-131(MAX) range.After seeing those words Obeseblah,blah,blah, obese blah,blah,blah obese...I told myself well then dammit that's what I'm supposed to be. I became frustrated with the whole damn process,why should I do this to myself? So I'm not a 7 so what? I'm not a 20 either. Damn you Lean Cuisine!!! I want a pizza, I want Breyers Mint Chocolate chip and Chip Ahoy cookies. I want a Pepsi! With all the caffiene allowed by law...
Obese...Ha!, I started thinking these people are crazy, and trying to make me crazy too...I had given up. Then I thought of the Big, Beautiful ladies that I know. And these sisters are fine,accomplished, fierce women, and they seem truly content in life and love.They can dress their big asses off and the confidence these sisters have is admirable. Then I thought of my breathing lately when I have to walk one step further than my car door. I thought of all the different sizes that hang in my closet. I thought of the heart disease and cancer that is in my immediate family and realized that although it may be easy. I can't be green.

Lean Cuisine's Tucson chicken is actually pretty good and so was the cup of Breyers instead of the bowl.

5 comments:

Brotha Buck said...

Very honest post. I wish you the best in meeting your new goals.

Believer said...

I have love affair with food actually. For real! I'm already experiencing it in my mind before I ever taste it. Food is my drug of choice.

All the best to you and your new goal to loose a little insulation.

Come join the fun for a MM's Book Club. Rose from Lessons Learned will be our first author. Hoping you participate!

Miscellaneous Matters

Anonymous said...

Lean Cuisine is pretty good ... Smart Ones are too.

Blu Jewel said...

i applaud your honesty. i'm on the other end of the food spectrum. i'm healthy, in a good weight class, eat well, but am lazy as hell with exercise. i love to walk and in fact laost 12 lbs last year walking an hour a day 5 days a week. more often than not, i feel like i'm fat and need to lose weight and/or tone up. it's a long standing issue i've had for years. as i go through this transition into turning 40 in sept, i hope to come to terms with it and finally make a plan to walk and stick to it. hopefully, that will curb my insessant obsessing for good.

Anonymous said...

Isn't it amazing how stressing about our weight makes us immediately want to binge? I've been told that self-love is the answer, but it's hard to hear that solution when The World's Best Brownies are hollering your name.