Sunday, May 06, 2007

Party All The Time

My girls birthday was this past week so when she said, " Wendy you should come up here." I thought cool. A mini vacation. I could go chill in VA and get my mind right. The plan was to leave work at 3 and be there around 7. Seven-thirty the latest. When I pulled out at FIVE I realized that I may not make the party.Yet, I pressed on, despite the fact that she moved from Oceanview and I haven't been to the new place. So here I am trying to read my directions and drive. All while noticing that my surroundings look similar to that movie Wrong Turn. Not one to be caught by deranged,cannibals, I decided to toss the directions and find a main Hwy.
My friend has just turned 44 and I swear she could pass for 30. I told her she should bottle whatever she is working with. She makes me sick. She is a karaoke fool so of course her party was held at a Karaoke Bar. Sis can blow too.When that ended we went back to her place and sat up until 4 A.M. catching up. This was her weekend so I told her whatever you want to do, I'm game. She decided she wanted to go to the some museum and Colonial Williamsburg(Where she basically walked me to death). Did I MENTION I came from work? But, I didn't want to be the pooper left at home,so I went. On the way back she decided we should go see Spiderman. Which I thought was cool but my body was like. What the hell is wrong with you? After the movie, we went out to eat, then back to Karaoke. Damn I'm tired. My girl is not only older than me but she also has much more energy. Even after all this, she went into work today. I don't have to be back until tomorrow and I'm already thinking of excuses.

I used to be able to hang with her like this back in the day. Not anymore. When I got home today I slept for five hours straight. And I still feel tired. I know I burned both ends this weekend but, somehow I feel like I'm losing cool points.

4 comments:

Believer said...

I haven't laughed this much since I was in the company of my sister. Thanks for making me laugh so hard. This is certainly one of the funniest posts I think I've read. You should enter it in a contest. I wonder if the funny contest I entered is still open for submissions. You could certainly win.

This is a featured post! Sorry I forgot all about tagging you. Nevertheless, if you're up to it, do it anyway.

PS You're right your body was screaming for some rest and relaxation!

Anonymous said...

Whoa ... you were all up in my neck of the woods! Glad you enjoyed yourself.

Luke Cage said...

Whoa! Colonial Williamsburg??? You were out there for real luv. But you did it all in the spirit of your girl. How cool is that huh?

Blu Jewel said...

happy belated birthday. sounds like you had fun in spite of some initial drama. i pray this new year is exceptionally marvelous for you.