Thursday, June 01, 2006

Why?

Blockbuster and I are going to fall out. I have a REWARDS (joke) card. There are supposed to be incentives for renting movies. eg. Cash off , free movie rentals etc. I have not been seeing any of the supposed rewards because the coupons were going to an old email addy. I corrected the problem last week by giving them my new address, after explaining to them, that I have not received any REWARDS. I finally had the opportunity to use a coupon this week. I rent movies. You don't understand...So when I got this coupon for 3 movies for 9.99 just a few bucks but hey a savings is a savings. I knew what my game plan was, there are a few movies I didn't see and here was my chance.

I walked in damn near waving my REWARDS coupon in the air. Went to get the movies I wanted and excitedly headed to the counter. My coupon said rent any three movies for 9.99. So when the total came to almost 15 bucks. I'm thinking to myself tax is not that high. I asked the clerk did she see the coupon? " Oh, these are new releases ma'am" . My reaction...Yeah and? "Well you can't rent any NEW releases with this coupon". You know... I'm not usually a hard ass, I was trying to make it a blockbuster night. Not a fight but, enough was enough. I asked for the coupon back and started looking for the fine print. There is none. It only says RENT ANY (3) MOVIES FOR 9.99 underneath this is valid form 5/21/06-6/4/06. Now I'm no legal expert but to me Any means just that. So I informed her that the coupons says any movie. Nothing saying only old movies. Nothing saying you can't get New releases. She gets a blank stare on her face like every word I just said was in Chinese. So I said hello. " She said well ma'am we only take THAT coupon for older movies not the new releases". So I said " May I speak to your manager" .Grumbles behind me, some help from the amen corner. Turns out the manager is the young man next to her who has overheard everything...AND NOT SAID A WORD..dumb ass. He checks my coupon, rechecks it again. I guess to make sure I didn't print it myself and tells Blank face to give them to me for that price. Not a hint of customer service. So I let him know that he could have resolved this problem 10 minutes ago,I also let him he know that he had terrible people skills and should sign up for achieving extraordinary customer relations class instead of standing here doing nothing, and letting these people stand in this line all this time for nonsense! Cheers behind me now. I got my movies, but damn Why?

1 comment:

chele said...

I stopped renting movies a long time ago. Blockbuster gets on my daggone nerves. I hear that Netflix is the new way to go ... I haven't tried it but I should because I'm running out of shelf space for the all the DVDs that I buy.