Monday, June 04, 2007

Pure Gold

The other day I watched child protective services remove three children from a home that the mother is going to lose next week. Child abuse...the mother had no electricity, gas or water. For nearly two months.The children were sickly. It saddened me because I tried very hard to get her to understand how precious her children should be to her. What she had was a jones...not what you are thinking. She had it for a man. A no good man. He has her nose wide open and to her he is it. the end all be all. No matter what you have to say. Although he is the father of her children he made no effort to support them. He did however stay in the house; playing video games and no doubt drugging and living off her stamps and 236 a month. In my many conversations with her I expressed concern that she was choosing this man over a children. This felon, who had no intention of helping her or her children rise above their circumstances. No intention of standing up and being a role model for his three sons.No intention of marrying her. But she... just loved that man. This poor excuse for a man had convinced her that she didn't deserve any better. That her children didn't deserve any better. At 24 how is life this bleak?

I know people go through trials. I have been through some, who hasn't? But I NEVER stopped loving myself. I haven't been so disillusioned with life that I gave up. Perhaps that's because I'm an optimist. Perhaps it's because I was brought up in a household that nurtured my spirit and built my esteem. Perhaps it's because I believe God IS...and all things are possible through him.

So this young woman was on my mind.Wondering how or, what I could have done differently or said. I pray for her babies.

5 comments:

YouToldHarpoTaBeatMe said...

You did all you could do for her, Wendy. Unfortunately, this may be what it takes for her to straighten up and fly right. That "jones" is just as bad as a drug addiction, if not, worse.

My prayers for her is that her boys aren't separated, they're placed in a good home, and she gets it together with a QUICKNESS so she can get them back. If none of that happens, I hope the boys go to a deserving family.

My server's tripping, so you might see this entry twice.

Anonymous said...

Wow. I'm praying for those boys too. I just don't understand women who put men before their children, or before themselves.

Blu Jewel said...

how sad! you did a good thing by stepping in and trying to help her, but only she can help herself at this point. maybe she'll see the reality and severity of the situation now that the boys have been taken away; and she'll start to get her life in order. my biggest hope is for the boys and that they're not overly traumatized by what has happened. please keep us posted if you can. it would be really nice to hear a happy outcome.

Luke Cage said...

Aw miss Wendy. There's no way in the world that you could have done more. There really wasn't. Man, I hope that those boys are able to recover from that. These things can leave very bad emotional scars. Here's to them luv. And to you for trying. Have a great weekend!

Believer said...

Please, rest in the confidence that you are an ambassador of light and love through God -- a messenger of hope! God always sends a warning sign and this young woman chose to ignore it. Her addiction to this man overpowered her rational thinking process and nurturing instincts as a mother.

Perhaps this will be her "bottom" and as the ground gives way, she'll reach out to you and most importantly to GOD whose arms are not too short to save.

To the children, I pray that they are put in foster care with loving and caring guardians. May this be a new beginning filled with joy that overshadows their darker moments. I pray that those memories of being neglected and rejected dissipate. God is able to redeem the time. I believe and I speak purpose and joy be fulfilled in all of them!