Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Do You Love What You Feel?

I started working out today. I tried walking but it's too hot even at 7p.m.. So I thought hey, why not go to the gym? So I'm hyped, I have my work out gear, my Ipod and my determined spirit. I hit the gym. The treadmill was tempting but the stair climber was what I decided to try today. I set the timer for 15 minutes because I didn't want to over do it. Hmph... Reality check..

After two minutes I caught a cramp. Yes, I stretched beforehand. I stopped and it went away. I started again, it cramped again. The devil...trying to keep me from getting my workout on. Well, not to be deterred I decided that I would walk it out.I mean does anyone walk stairs for 15 minutes anyway? I need a flat surface. So as I was getting off...the young lady to my right said "You shouldn't stop, you should work the cramp out". What?? Mind you my leg feels like it will be in the shape of a pretzel if I don't stop. I said "I don't think so, I think I may have aimed too high today". Then she went into the everyone cramps at first spiel all this while still climbing and I believe her stair climber read 40 something flights. She was not winded or tired. No cramps and sis looked like she didn't have an ounce of fat on her, so to onlookers we probably looked like the number 10.But sis was really trying to be helpful, and she reset my resistance levels and I managed to walk a little longer..still not 15 minutes but I made it to 11. Maybe tomorrow I will get to twelve. She made this statement as she left "Don't worry, after awhile you are going to love it"...of course, of course!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay for 11!!!!!!!

That's a great accomplishment Wendy. Don't give up!

lyre said...

I joined Jazzercise today and stayed for my first workout! My back is a bit sore but a sign to the nice firm abs and gluteous I am going to have in 6 to 8 weeks! keep it up!

YouToldHarpoTaBeatMe said...

Nah Uhhhh! Not the #10. CTHU! She's right tho. Once you see or feel a decrease in your weight, you'll want to keep going... next thing you know, exercise is going to be second nature to you.

It took me a minute (outside of the MC thingy). I felt awkward if I allowed too much time to slip away without a workout.

Wendy said...

Thanks for the encouraging words guys!

Believer said...

The number 10! Good for you on stickin' through it. I hate cramps and I would have limped over to the first available bench or chair.

How do you work those things out anyway?