Monday, June 25, 2007

Rainy Days and Mondays

My electricity went out sometime during the night so I was already late when the sun peeked through my window and tapped me on the shoulder. Usually the sun is not up,so I knew it was Very late. I wrapped my hair up last night, but when I noticed my scarf on the pillow next to mine, I was already dreading looking at the hair don't I produced in my slumber. One side of my head- the right- the right side of my hair is beautiful it behaves, it doesn't fight back. It listens. But the left, man. if it were a child I would have to send it away. It's special. Although, it did act right for a little while after I put my second relaxer in. Thank you Tiki for the suggestion of Profectiv. I will no longer use anything else! But you have to stand guard over the left side. You can't give it the benefit of the doubt, because it will act a fool. So by the time I reached my mirror it was already laughing and pointing at me, while my right side sadly shook it's head. The right side looked like the woman on the box, while the left was doing some sort of impression of the Statue of Liberty' Crown. Aagh! 20 more minutes, flat ironing...speaking of ironing. For years my mother has always ironed all of her clothes. I do mean all. Even sheets, but that is for another blog. She has a lot of time on her hands. But she always has at least a week worth of clothes ready.She always warns that I should do the same. But my hard head irons on an 'as needed' basis. Something told me to iron last night. But it was raining and Denzel was on my screen so I let laziness get the best of me. With no power, I had to come up with a wrinkle free outfit quick.So I am trying to look in my walk in with a damn flash light for a pair of pants that I may have ironed. NO SUCH LUCK!!This living in two places sucks!!! My dry cleaning is in Raleigh...So I'm left to wear a dress, which I didn't want to wear because now I have to buy pantyhose..shit. And where are my shoes?...in Raleigh of course. Not to mention the ash monster has really taken a hold of me and all of my lotionsand oils are in Raleigh too. So, I grab the Vaseline Don't trip y'all know your mother used to grease you down and put those knee socks on. So, here I am going into CVS with 1)a frown because I'm Late as hell and i hate being late. 2) Bad Hair 3)A floral dress with greasy, shiny legs 4)a pant shoe, sort of like a penny loafer 5 ) my dress does not have one patch of brown and my shoes are brown. I know the clerk was thinking, where is the fool going?...Lawd is it Monday!

4 comments:

lyre said...

I think you have a sitcom, the mirror that laughs and tells you the truth. For some reason I visualized that. I could just imagine amirror pointing and laughing! It's definitely Monday

Luke Cage said...

Not to mention the ash monster has really taken a hold of me and all of my lotionsand oils are in Raleigh too - not the ash monster luv! -lol

I started to quote the line that lyre picked but I got beaten to it. That was pretty funny too miss Wendy!

Wrk N Progress said...

My first visit and it won't be last.

Laffin @ the ash monster and yes my momma did put vaseline our our little ashy knees, she used to put it on with a wet face towl to cut down on the shine.

Believer said...

Mondays...you just can't make this stuff up! Thanks for the laugh.