Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Stop In The Name Of Love


I absolutely love this time of year! It's the time when peoples hearts are a little softer. Their smiles are genuine. They aren't as rude. I love Thanksgiving because I get to spend time with my family and friends. ( And I get extra days off) that is always a blessing. I wish we could all just slow down and enjoy it all. I have seen so many Christmas decorations and heard so many Carols you would think it was Christmas here. Forget 12 it's The 90 days of Christmas-

I appreciate Thanksgiving, and not just because of the Charlie Brown special with its cool jazz piano.

I appreciate Thanksgiving because it gives me a chance to reflect on my life. I'm am grateful to God everyday for my blessings but, on Thanksgiving I can share those blessing with my loved ones. I wish we all could just stop for a minute, and forget about stuffing ourselves with so many calorie filled entrees and just notice the love that we are surrounded with.Don't just break bread with your familyor friends but,talk with them.Tell them how much you love them. Forget about the sales for a minute ( I know some are irresistible) and think about all the things you have in your life that you are truly thankful for.

I'm not knocking on the sales or Christmas. I am crazy about the day Christ was born. But we have to , to coin a phrase "Remember the reason for this season." Enjoy each holiday. Give each one its due. Nothing is promised. But if I am fortunate enough to be here years from now, I want to be able to reflect on holidays, spent with my people and how much it meant to me.

So go have your Turkey day. Enjoy your families and your friends. Look at your football games. Eat till you (almost) bust. I'll see you at the gym. And thank God for the day.

Have Happy Thanksgiving...Be Blessed.

5 comments:

Mz.Bria2U said...

blessings Wendy...not sure if you've seen this video but i've sent it to everyone that i thought would under its power. It's our history...please view it...and reflect, share and teach those who cross your path!

love you,
Ivent (bria)

Believer said...

Hey Wendy, thanks for stopping by today so that I could return the visit. ;)

You and I are on the same topic. Though I didn't post about it (Imagine that!), I was thinking of my grandmother today and the Holidays we shared together. I need to call her to say I love you, and that I remember. Your post was confirmation she needs to hear from me.

Have a blessed Holiday and enjoy the company of your family and friends, eat until you bust, and be thankful girl!

Blu Jewel said...

Love this post Wendy. You have said it all right here and I couldn't agree more. My Thanksgiving morn will be spent giving to others in whatever way I can BEFORE I tend to myself and eat. I'm so blessed in so many ways that I feel honored to even be alive.

Have a beautiful Thanksgiving and enjoy your family and friends.

Minerva Exertion said...

This was a great post. Have a Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Jenell : BlakIzBeautyful said...

I love Thanksgiving too!

I actually enjoy it a little more then Christmas, because aside from the fact the Christmas is Jesus's bday and all....

All people think about on Christmas is themselves!

On Thanksgiving people are loving and happy and hungry.
LOL