Friday, March 21, 2008

Truth Is


People will do anything for money. Anything. I watched a show called The Moment Of Truth.See Craziness here The premise of this show is you strap yourself to a lie detector and get asked all kinds of personal questions. The more questions you tell the truth about the more money you will receive.

The thing is they are not asking questions like, what color underwear do you have on? They ask questions like, did you cheat on your wife?. Being that you are connected to the lie detector your ass is grass whether you answer in the affirmative or not if this is the case. Of course your wife is humiliated if you tell the truth and it is true and she is humiliated if you say no and it's a lie.Her tears are broadcast for the entire nation to see. This show is sick.

Why would anyone do this? Any money that you may or may not win, will go to the lawyers for your divorce. And if you are caught lying you get no money and you now have no relationship at home either. I think couples who are already separated and have no intention of getting back together would be good candidates for this show, otherwise you'd have to crazy.

This "game" show is intended to catch someone in a lie that has devastating effects on the persons life. What's next? Are we really going to have a Running Man show? Now I know gas is damn near $4 bucks and prices are high on everything everywhere but is it really worth it in the end? To take the man or woman that you love on a show and and watch them crash and burn from your deceit. I think not. I will not be tuning into misery, that is exactly what this is about.

I don't get off on the misfortune of others. Yeah, some may think I am taking it to the extreme but that is how my mind processed this show. I have got to get back to work and fast.

2 comments:

Believer said...

I agree this show does nothing but drag people down and all for the dollar bill. Sad state of affairs we're in morally if we think this is entertainment.

YouToldHarpoTaBeatMe said...

That show is sooooo uncool. I remember seeing the commercial for the first episode and decided then, that I wouldn't be watching it.