Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Our Love is Here to Stay

I won't brag. I will just say that I was watching an episode of Deion and Pilar( Yes, Another reality show) and Pilar wanted Deion to speak with the children about sex. He didn't say much to them but told the children to say " Daddy put it down" when asked about their conversation. So as far as my parents anniversary celebration goes. " We put it down"

My parents were so happy, and I have never been filled with more pride for them. They have touched so many lives in their 50 years together and it was really nice to see that love returned.- Enuf said

One of my favorite comedians George Carlin died Sunday...so here is a quote of his I find somehow ties in with this post.

"Men are from Earth, Women are from Earth. Deal with it."



Stay Blessed people!!

4 comments:

Blu Jewel said...

congrats and God's blessing to your parents. That's a beautiful and incredible relationship to have lasted 50yrs. I would have loved to have that kind of relationship.

Hoping it's not too late and that my king is in route to find his missing rib.

Love!

Luke Cage said...

Nice ode to your parents miss Wendy. I just watched George Carlin a couple of months ago in his last HBO standup. And I remember a routine he did that referenced the stupid things people say when someone dies.

"If there's anything I can do, ANYTHING, don't hesitate to ask."

Carlin says "what're you going to do? Perform a resurrection? No wait, I've got an idea. Go wash my car. Do THAT for me" -lol- his brand of comedy varied with me, but when he was on, he was on. RIP.

Believer said...

Married for fifty years is a commitment that stands alone and should be recognized. I know the celebration was one to remember.

Eb the Celeb said...

black love is so beautiful

and I love Deion and Pilar... so glad they are coming back for a 2nd season