Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Dreamgirls



This was a play. Now it's going to be a motion picture. I wanted so badly to see this play while on Broadway. I never did. When the opportunity presented itself I chose something else, thinking I would go another time. Last year I had the chance again to go see a revised cast. I didn't go, I wanted still to see the orignal. And since they weren't going to be there niehter would I. I'm not taking anything from the wonderful cast memebers. Through the years I have heard rave reviews for different cast members. But nothing beats an original. No one on this earth can sing And I am telling you like Jennifer Holiday. I must be the only person on earth who never got to see, but knows every song for this play.I had to sing I am changing at an event for school.In the process of learning the song. I learned the songs for the enitre play. As I listened I imagined the scenes in my head. I hope the film does the play justice. I eagerly await.
I don't usually see Jaime and shout, "He's Fine!" But brotha is looking pretty good in this shot.







I did finally get the chance to see part of the original cast, thanks to You tube. The best part... It was a wish fulfilled for me. By the time she hit the last note,I had tears in my eyes.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Effie, it's been all these years, you haven't even said hello. I'm your brother, Effie. Say hello. C'mon Effie, you know I'm sorry ... I should've come before today. Hold me, is all I have to say.

Damn. Why do I still have those lyrics in my head? I never got to see the play either but I had the album (yes, album) for years.

They better not mess up the movie.

Send me the stuffing recipie, please. chele_rene@hotmail.com

Blu Jewel said...

hi Wendy...thanks for the stop by at my site today; it's much appreciated and it's nice to get new readers.

I agree that NO ONE can sing that song like Jennifer Holiday. Oh, and yes, Jamie does look GOOD in that pic.

Luke Cage said...

To the beloved Jennifer Holiday, kudo's miss Wendy!