Sunday, November 30, 2008

Can I?

Can I tell you how tired I am?

Forgive me if my thoughts are scattered. I have been running since Wednesday. I have finally realized that I am not as young as I used to be. My sister came down from Philly.It was so good to see her face. I miss her face. My brother's kids are making me feel... older 19, 16 and 10. ( where does the time go?) and my nephew appears to be growing every second with no end in sight. He's 6'6" now. Doing well, so believe me when I say God answers prayers. My 16 year old niece has grown into a beautiful young woman and the baby, 10 years old. I can see I'm going to have to kill off. Spoiled rotten! I think its safe to say my brothers genes are shit, because those kids look like their mother. So it was decided that since mom just came home from the hospital that I would do all the cooking. Crazy, I know, but I wanted to really...no really. And I did ( my thing).
After celebrating with my own family,this year for an extra added twist I had to go to HIS's mothers house. Even after refusing everything she offered, she seems to like me; Of course I have never had any problems with parents. Thank God. I do hear some horror stories. I guess she can see that her son has found an EXTRAORDINARY, PHENOMENAL woman. Seriously, it was odd for me, this whole dating thing again, trying to build something with someone. I guess it was odd for him too. We are still new, and this our first holiday together.
Then we made our rounds to friends houses, to watch football games and mingle ( I really don't like football) but,I got to meet his boys ,their wives,significant and some not so significant others. All of them, seemed cool.

All and all it was another wonderful holiday. I thank God for my family, my friends, for opening my heart to the possibility of loving again. For my life.

Stay Blessed!

4 comments:

One Man’s Opinion said...

Spoiled children can be a good or a bad thing, depending on the level of how spoiled they are. My Nephew is spoiled, although I hate to admit it. Still, when i see his ass around his mother or his aunt i know it to be true. This is the bad spoil. I spoil his little ass too, but I get the good spoil. The good spoil is that he doesn't throw tantrums with me. he takes no for an answer. And he just behaves himselve in general.

Yeah, I know your post was about way more that the spoiled one, but I had to address it anyway, since my nephew tried to cut up at the mall this weekend, with me and my sister. I don't know what got into him, he know we don't play that crap. He got about three spankings and still keep acting up. I never have to hit him when he's with me. I just use my words. Strange, huh?

Blu Jewel said...

HI Wendy! So whatcha cook? I did the cooking thing on Friday and it went well; save for me almost over frying the turkey.

I don't do spoiled kids and will immediately distance myself as not to wanna haul off on their lil asses.

Sounds like the love life is going well; good for you.

Love!

Wendy said...

One- I was a spoiled child. The good spoiled.LOL So I know the difference you speak of. My niece does not test me. She knows aunt Wendy don't play. I think my brother and his wife allow this little girl to decide too much for herself. (eg. what she will and won't eat, wear,do etc.) I'm like honey are you paying any bills?

Blu!!!!!- Hello Miss how are you? It would be easier to say what I did not cook. So I will say there was no DUCK.LOL I am working on that for next year, something different you know? Good to see you gurlie!

Believer said...

The words holiday and busy are usually in the same sentence. ; )

Glad to hear about love on the home front. Really, it's all good!

Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!