Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Baby I'm A Star

You ever get one of those feelings when you think your shit don't stink? Yeah, I've been on that kick. Since my birthday I've been in a mood. I had a few people trip on me these past few weeks. I had to take a few minutes and regroup. I thought maybe just for a moment, maybe I was reading too much into the whole nonsense. I mean The things I think are important, are not as important to others. >EVERYBODY does not love Wendy. Go figure. At least not like I love Wendy. And I was on the "How Dare You" trip. It took God sending me a message from an old friend to understand that. She just called me out of the blue, I haven't spoken to her in years. But she was my rock, and I had forgotten about her. She had no cross words for me, as she listened to my rant. And as I rambled on, I realized that I was guilty of the very thing I was speaking of with her. Well...that knocked me down a peg.I know I I get a little Wenderful on folks and expect the world to move when I say move. Sometimes I need a little humbling to bring me back to earth. So, it's not all about me I get it. I will say in my defense... I was clouded by the fact that this all started 'round my birthday. So here I am with a renewed spirit and, a clearer understanding of the different levels of friendship. There are new paths that I must choose. I pray that I learn to accept the things I cannot change.

2 comments:

chele said...

I've been there and while the feeling makes you think you're invincible ... you're actually not and people are quick to point out our flaws during this time.

Luke Cage said...

It was good that you were aware of it and now you're more the wiser. We should be able to boost ourselves up at will, just as long as it does not consume the moment and take away from others, or that our narcissism comes across as overbearing. A small price to pay for appreciating the woman in the mirror. Do you luv..