Friday, July 14, 2006

Because It's Love

... I want a love I can see, that's the only kind that means a thing to me. - The Temptations.

When I was a little girl. I dreamed a prince, a real prince just like in Cinderella would come and sweep me off my feet. I believed in love.

At 14, my poor little heart was broken in puppy love. I still believed in love.

At 19, although my high school sweetheart and I pledged undying devotion my 600 mile move ended that relationship. I believed in love.

At 21, I found the one I would spend my life with, so I thought. God loved him even more. I still believed in love.

At 29, my world was shattered by betrayal. I believed in love.

At 35,I let the flame die. Too much had happened. Although it was unfair to me. I still believed in love.

At 40, I've realized that I've put to much emphasis on these relationships. I've allowed them to clutter my thoughts and block my blessings. Now I've emerged, a beautiful butterfly. And I believe in love.

2 comments:

Luke Cage said...

Introspective, reality based and very moving. The ending while ominous was rather hopeful. You still believe in love. Have a great weekend miss Wendy.

The Sarccastik Variable Why said...

good post...real serious about love...reminds me of that musiq song...