Monday, January 01, 2007

Through the fire

Behold, I give you authority to trample on serpents and scorpions and over all the power of the enemy, and nothing shall by any means harm you. Luke:10:19

God is good. I hear you all saying all the time. I made it, and I can't help but being happy about that. Last year was rough, I went through some changes. But what doesn't kill us makes us stronger and hopefully wiser. I feel I've made the transition. In this/ my 40th year/ I've developed a sense of self that I didn't have before. . I had to take myself off the road of despair and get on the highway of my accomplishments, heading towards all my possibilities!. I thank God for the patience he instilled in me. I thank him for believing in me and keeping me up, when I doubted myself. I thank him for giving me the ability to reason and realize that I have to let go. And finally for acceptance of the things that I couldn't change. I AM important. I DO matter. Thank you father.

I have been sharing my thoughts now with you for 5 years. I'm glad to know that what I have to say has been interesting enough to keep you coming back. I know I go there sometimes. But you understand This year however, I have one request. Leave a comment. I know you've been here because Sitemeter tells me so. This year, I promise to respond. I'm going to ask that you forgive my rants in advance and try to understand. Because since I have made myself a priority, people tend to really work my nerves. I pray each of you have a blessed new year and whatever resolutions you've made you keep. I don't do resolutions anymore. I'm taking it one day at a time. Being the very best WENDY I can be. Happy New Year!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Five years? Wow. I'm so behind the times. I didn't even know what blogging was five years ago.

Happy New Year!

Blu Jewel said...

Happy New Year lady. Your 07 post was great and very inspiring. I hope this year will yeild many successes for you.

Wendy said...

Chele- Yes 5 years, but at least I can look back and smile at most of it. LOL

Blu- Thank you, same to you sis.

Believer said...

God is faithful! And, you know...it's in the valley we grow.

This is my first time here! I really like your layout. Any tips?

I'm a writer myself and found you through another blogger.

When you get a moment, please stop by my blogs and comment.

http://avoicetobeheard.blogspot.com/
http://www.growingwithjulia.blogspot.com/

Looks like I'll be back soon!