Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Do Not Pass Me By

I don't buy bootleg movies. Ok... anymore. I would like to say it was because I chose the moral high ground. I would but, in reality I got tired of having to stand on my head and adjust my right leg to a 90 degree angle to view them. I got tired of having to figure out if this is really the picture on the case cover. Having to listen to Pookie,RayRay and nem in the background and watching everyone go back and forth to the concession stands/bathrooms.

I voiced my reasons why I don't buy bootleg to hustleman as he approached. Hustleman has stepped up his game. Hustleman said I will let you view the movie right now. Pulled a small dvd player from his coat ( like Looting Lenny on Good Times) and said (Like Wanda on In Living Color) I got you. You ain't got to go no where!. Homeboy had business cards and everything. He started spewing off which corners Where he could be located if I had any problems. He said he could deliver if the order was big enough. I can't understand inviting hustleman to your home but, I was impressed. Hustleman means business!

His movies were so clear.He had a 30 day money back guarantee. He had Dreamgirls y'all for 10 dollars. You know how I feel about Dreamgirls.But I kept it moving. Although it was hard as hell to walk away from it. I started singing the songs in my head. Thinking I could possibly be able to watch this movie as many times that I have watched What's Love Got To Do With It, The Five Heartbeats, The Temptations. Lady Sings the Blues, Sister Act 2 or The Wiz!! I've got these down cold...LOL. My eyes were glued to his screen. I really started to talk myself into this purchase. I could buy this Bootleg and when the movie comes out on DVD I can purchase that too. Knowing good and well I wouldn't. Why?

So after watching my jaw drop, he went in for the kill. "No thank you" I said " I want to support this movie. I enjoyed it and besides I want the extras that will come with it". Aha! I had him. Truly about business he counter offered any two movies for 15. Sadly, I walked away from hustleman. He knew he had the goods. His face looked as if he was thinking. She'll be back...all I needed was to give her a little taste.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have mercy! That is too funny. I have never bought bootleg. Apparently, my son's new girlfriend's family ONLY buys bootleg. According to him: they have everything. Dreamgirls included.

Believer said...

You go girl!

Since I took the moral high road, I've had to make a stand many times just on principle, which reminds me of what I did at Target yesterday. That story will probably be posted tomorrow.

http://www.ruhoffman.blogspot.com/
Voice on Miscellaneous Matters
"Part of being a Master is learning how to sing in nobody else's voice but your own." - Hugh Macleod

Blu Jewel said...

Hustleman got game...lol! I used to buy bootlegs for movies I was iffy about, but after being hit with a couple really crappy copies, I gave up. I either go to the movie (where I have connex...lol) or I wait for the DVD and hope someone I know rented it.

You didn't hear this from me, but the real hustle is to rent the movie and burn the dvd yourself if your computer has the capability. NO, NO, NO!!! I haven't personally done it, but I know someone who has and he made loot!

Rosemarie -I'll be looking for that story. *wink*

Wendy said...

Chele- LOL, Bootleg ain't what it used to be. I believe these people are on the cutting room floor!

Rosemarie- It was hard to walk away this time. Thank Goodness he didn't have Denzel's movie at the time. LOL

Blu- Ya heard Hustleman ain't playing.LOL I think this must be what he is doing. I swear you couldn't tell his from the real thing.

TrinaBeingTrina said...

I was on the floor when you said "stand on my head and adjust my right leg to a 90 degree angle to view them" I can relate to that bs. I have decided to stop buying bootleg also BUT if hustleman would have come at me like that I know I would have cracked under the pressure. Especially since he let you sample them first!

L. Marie Joseph said...

Damn girl you talk about that bootleg as if it was crack.....LOL

Congrats on delaying your gratification!