Sunday, July 08, 2007

Breathless

The way that man smiles at me, and kisses my feet after polishing them. It makes me tingle all over.

Okay, I'm kidding. But a woman can dream can't she? As you all know I have been trying to incorporate more activity into my life. Today's exercise was the dreaded car wash. Usually I let Autobell do the job, but I thought why not? I got my bucket and my sponges and began the process, I lathered the car up, reaching as far in the middle as I could without a ladder and washing down. Soap was everywhere. After giving the tires a good scrubbing I went for the hose. Feeling rather proud of myself I might add.

I rinsed my baby off and I could almost hear her saying thank you."Thank you kind woman". You're welcome, I said. "I think I will continue to start up for you now" . I told her that I was sorry that I had been so slack and we were having a good time. The sun was beating but I was determined. I went to get a cool drink and the other cloth so I could put on the wax and I noticed from the window that my baby was still looking a hot ass mess. I mean she was clean in SPOTS. Being white, you could really see the places that I missed. So I lathered her up again and concentrated on the parts that I missed. Turns out there were many so, I just decided to start from the top again. After rinsing her again, she looked better but I was tired. I promised her that I would not let her get that dirty again and that we could go by her favorite Autobell tomorrow for the wax and tires. Because , I was a little breathless by now and sweating to death. She seemed to agree and told me to go into the cool house, shower and lay down before I fell out. I didn't argue. Don't know why I picked the hottest day of the year to pull this stunt.I'm damn near two shades darker but, at least I got my exercise on!...

4 comments:

YouToldHarpoTaBeatMe said...

Girl that truck o'mine is so big, I just pay AutoBrite to "make love" to her big body. I tried a couple of times. It took forever and a day. It was like swimming...I used muscles I ain't know I had.

One day (not soon), I'mma go make a day of scrubbing her down the way she NEEDS to be by her momma.

Anonymous said...

Good for you! I read somewhere that activities like this were an automatic membership to the "Earth Gym." Everybody's welcome; membership is FREE.

Blu Jewel said...

Aww! I treat Big Buddy (my SUV) so badly at times, but he knows i love him to death. i love washing him and making him all good looking again.

as angie harford said, we all have a membership to earths gym for FREE and we need to use it often. car washing is hard work, but provides a good all over workout. Housecleaning does the same thing.

Believer said...

Great post, and thanks for taking me on the journey. Glad to hear you got your exercise on while cleaning the car too.