Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Where My Girls At?

Harpo who dis woman?

I am the first one to give it up for black love. Any love. But people I tell you I think I am in a remake of Invasion of the Body Snatchers, My girls are one by one falling prey to "The Others". I'm not hating. Let me explain,although I am not in a serious relationship at this time,I have had them.I was still Wendy, all day, everyday. That's all I am going to be. I have one friend who was married and now she has completely disappeared from the face of the earth. I'm ready to file a missing persons report. I mean ok, this is the honeymoon phase of the relationship, and lord knows that she waited to find the man of her dreams. However, I have heard from this woman 3 times since she married.( Still haven't seen her) We have been friends for 21 years. It's been nine months. Where my people at? I have another who has been in a relationship for 2 years.Sis has turned into..into...I don't know who the hell this woman is. Some of the shit she says to me, has me wanting to research personality disorders. Multiple in particular. Another who is actually dating a man who physically abused her.Physically...laying of the hands. WTF??? He apologized and said he would never do it again. Well don't most ABUSERS) say that?Give me a break. I gotta get an exorcist for this one. Again, I'm not hating. I think I am just missing the people they used to be. Before the men. I know that you want to kick it with your man, but hello....Remember me?, The one who listened to all your bitching, waiting with you,wishing you'd exhale,hoping that man finds his way out of that cave in Tibet? I have never neglected my friendships because I had an other. I never neglected my man for my friends. Am I somehow special because I was able to do both? We'd have roundtables about women losing themselves to their men, and shake our heads, raise our fist and vow to never be one of them, so I'm just wondering what happened to those women ? Or is it that they were pretending and tricked me into thinking we had similar thought patterns. Well you know what? I'm not going to say that the men are controlling them. These women are in control of their own faculties ( I pray ) They've chosen these paths themselves. But it's just mind boggling to me. Maybe I'm being too harsh.They appear to be happy. And what do we really want for our peeps? Happiness. So I will wait for them to back away from the light.

No comments: