Monday, October 23, 2006

You Were Loved

My weekend was full of wonderful surprises. First I found out that my computer does not have to be destroyed ( by me). I just needed to let someone who knew what they were doing set it up. ( Yay!) . The second surprise came along with the first. My brother was the one who set my puter up. He said once I got rid of the ME ( medieval Edition ) as he called it. I would be good to go. It was a shock for him to come over. Usually, if he has a problem ( and that has to be a very serious one) he will call me. We have never really been close. ( Because as a child he was a rotten kid and as Celie said" Made my life a living hell.") In our young adult lives that carried over. As time went on our relationship was a bit strained, mostly because we are both very headstrong. We had different opinions on almost every subject. During his visit though, we just chilled and Lawd knows, we haven't done that in sometime. No drama, no fighting. Just hanging out with my baby bro and it felt pretty good. I guess we have both mellowed a bit. I miss just having a conversation with him. Reminiscing about our childhood. Enjoying music together. As he was leaving he hugged me and told me he loved me, I knew that I just don't hear it too often. I told him I love you too man...I really do.

No comments: